• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jacket or NOT a jacket listing?

Roughwear

It is Dave Sheeley (Maverickson), who posts here, selling a D-1 jacket which he has made from an original. Dave generally refurbishes WW2 jackets but is venturing out into reproducing them now.

Skyhawk

Great D-1 Repro Dave! It looks rock solid and authentic. I have seen Dave's work and his quality and attention to detail is top notch.

Maverickson

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USAF-D-1-RE...632679?hash=item1a10e59b67:g:y90AAOSwZQxW2ybF

I admit it's late on a Friday and it has been a hectic week at the Warrant Officer & NCO Academy... Is this a jacket listing or someone 'making a point'?

Almost missed this one! Yes, that referenced D-1 is mine. There will be others.

I'm still very much into restoration of original jackets. In fact I have several quite unusual military and civilian type jackets currently in the works. Along the way I've been able to obtained some very nice originals needing restoration. That associated restoration work has given me a sound schooling in vintage jacket construction basics. Thought it was time to do some from scratch.

My venturing out into new construction has not diminished my interest in restoration work or in collecting vintage jackets in general. Will be posting the results of those latest restorations soon.

Cheers, Dave