• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jacket fiddler needed

Weasel_Loader

I think the only way I'd try it on a pre '72 version is if the hood was stiff inside like some of them get over time. Otherwise, I agree with some and keep the jacket original. ;)

jeroen

Your remark about having that patch sewn to the jacket reminds me of a little episode I had with my tailor when i first met him and had him put a couple of patches on a g1. A pretty straight forward job I thought but I forgot to exactly tell him how to do it so he ended up carefully undoing the lining at the bottom and then sewing the patches to the leather so there wouldnt be any stitches on the lining inside...... Since then we have luckily progressed quite a bit. He just did a couple of cuffs on another g1. The result is really stunning. He actually took the trouble to meticulously stitch the new ones EXACTLY in the old stitchholes.

do show us a couple of pics when you've gor the finished product!