• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's so "Great" that I can't "Escape" it

A

Anonymous

If anybody is interested, we can make exactly this

tmj9901-051-03.jpg

with exactly the same kind of aging

regius

Steve bought the jacket from a thrift store, only mystery is where he got the Hilts name tag from, perhaps sewn on for the sake of the movie.

The owner of Toys McCoy then bought the auction, and has it in his private collection.

Marv

PLATON said:
If anybody is interested, we can make exactly this

tmj9901-051-03.jpg

with exactly the same kind of aging

I'm sorry but this A2 looks pretty naff, the aging looks cheap and nasty....even my timeworn ELC Pearl Harbor A2 looks far superior to this.

Dr H

I agree with Paul about the ageing of the Toys McCoys - although it's a different hide comparison, the timeworn .50 cal cape looks far more convincing.
IMG_0804_zps4ffda2e2.jpg

wop54

Marv said:
regius said:

Jacket looks really great, love the seal colour and looks like it will even better with some wear on it....congrats
Yes, really great. I wish I had the funds to buy one right now! I keep trying to save money for a new jacket but everytime I reach a considerable sum my family comes up with something more urgent and important than my new jacket..... I and re-start from zero.. :)

asiamiles

regius said:
Steve bought the jacket from a thrift store, only mystery is where he got the Hilts name tag from, perhaps sewn on for the sake of the movie.
Did he keep and wear it after filming had ended? I've never seen any post-production photos of him in it. Interestingly, he coveted the white polo neck sweater worn by James Garner.

A

Anonymous

No it's not.
But we at BK have sourced the same leather.
It's a special leather with a really unique processing.
Quite amazing really.

We are going to have it sometime in the future I guess.