• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's minus 10 degrees C so what are you wearing ?

John Lever

Very cold here today and yesterday. -10 Deg. C first thing and about freezing all day.
Which jacket are you wearing to keep out the cold ?
When outside I am wearing my custom Few/RMNZ M445 , 20 mm fleece in the body so very warm.

Persimmon

Only minus 4 so I wore the A1.
Wore a pair of Gloves as a welcome addition.
You boys and your "dark side" big jackets !!
Toughen up

omarco

RMNZ D1 for me, i love this thing, i'v worn it everyday since getting it before christmas and it just gets better and better and better.

I am officially hooked now, am seriously considering a B6.... and a B3....

dujardin

if i had to stay outside for a long time, would wear my B3

having not to stay for long outside, my combo jacket made by Fishmeok is sufficient, thanks Mark ;)

John Lever

Persimmon said:
Toughen up
On Friday I was working outside in similar temperatures, though it did warm up to minus 3 by coffee time.
Two pairs of long johns,two pairs of socks,rigger boots,three sweaters,mountain jacket and hat. It was so cold that even methyl alcohol did not evaporate!

MikeyB-17

Whilst on nights on Thursday it dipped to minus eight here, Ambulance Service issue fleece and bomber jacket worked OK, thankfully I was not out in it for long. During the day it got up to seven degrees in the Sun, even went for a motorbike ride (well wrapped up with textile kit and several layers) and didn't get cold! The Martin Gould 'D-1' is getting a fair bit of wear, but I confess if it's really cold, the Berghaus fleece and fleece lined Cordura work jacket are my first choice.

jack aranda

62 degrees F (17 degrees C) here in SF yesterday under sunny skies. We haven't seen but a couple of drops of rain since late November. This is not good. Early mornings require a warm jacket, usually my Filson week-end cruiser, but, light sweaters by lunchtime. Someone has suggested a redux of Mark Twain's famous quote about "the coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in SF", turning it around to "The nicest summer I ever spent was a winter in SF." It's creepy.

Dr H

Persimmon said:
Toughen up
:lol:

Same here, with the addition of a beret to keep my head warm... ;)

mindful

im wearing my ELC D1 which i love and just brought my first ELC G155J14 with my buzz rickson watch cap
002-3.jpg

Dani-B

We had minus 20 degrees C last night, and minus 14 during the day here in Zurich.
Wore my ELC Rough Wear B-3 with only a denim shirt underneath, collar up occasionally against the cold wind - works fine.

Regards Dani

ButteMT61

47º F last night - wore my A-2 Bronco. We've had a warm winter so far, so nothing more than that here.

Marv

It was about -2 degrees this afternoon so wore my ELC G1 and A10 gloves, did the trick.

a2jacketpatches

Had to wear a sweatshirt this morning, very cold about 60 degrees, but I'm thinking of you all while cleaning up a fine condition N-2B that I found yesterday in a SoCal estate sale. It has been worn a bit, but probably not here. I'll post some photos in Nylon some time later today.