• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Italian translation for this badge?

a2jacketpatches

I know the guy is wearing an infantry helmet and this may have nothing to do with the Italian Air Force or flight stuff in general, but I thought one of our Italian members could tell me what it says for sure. I picked it up at a local antique store here in my new town.
ItalianBadge007.jpg

ItalianBadge008.jpg

Persimmon

That looks like a good purchase.
Its Mussolini with his facist party maxim of
Believe, Obey and Fight ( Credere Obbedire Combattere)

The letters G.I.L. actually tell you where its from
Gioventu Italiana del Littorio ( G. I. L. ) was a paramilitary youth organisation founded in 1937.
Possibly a partcipants badge at a rally.

The badge was made by the Loroli brothers in Milan

Persimmon

Looking at the reverse it seems to be celebrating the RDL ( Royal Degree Law ) of the 7th November 1925
I can't think of anything that happened on that day.
Someone else may.
Perhaps it was the setting up of Opera Nazionale Balilla ( ONB ) which was an Italian Facist youth organisation that ran between 1926 and 1937.
It was replaced and absorbed into the newly created Gioventu Italiana del Littorio ( G.I.L ) which is on the badge.

By the way, with G.I. L. having approx 9 million members (it was designed as the spiritual , sporting and para military preparation of the young) it may not be to uncommon.
The head gear of the G.I.L. was the black Fez

So not really anything to flight orientated but of interest none the less.

wop54

Persimmon said:
Looking at the reverse it seems to be celebrating the RDL ( Royal Degree Law ) of the 7th November 1925
I can't think of anything that happened on that day.
Someone else may.
Perhaps it was the setting up of Opera Nazionale Balilla ( ONB ) which was an Italian Facist youth organisation that ran between 1926 and 1937.
It was replaced and absorbed into the newly created Gioventu Italiana del Littorio ( G.I.L ) which is on the badge.

By the way, with G.I. L. having approx 9 million members (it was designed as the spiritual , sporting and para military preparation of the young) it may not be to uncommon.
The head gear of the G.I.L. was the black Fez

So not really anything to flight orientated but of interest none the less.
Sorry for the delay!
Perfect translation, anyway. On the 7th November 1925 had been registered the law regarding the copyrights, the reverse of the medal says that the image was used according to the R.D.L regarding the copyright.