• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It is no Goodwear, but....

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
tgd31968 said:
Not a bad repro if you need a knock around jacket.

Knock around jackets seem to just accumulate naturally, as a side affect of this pursuit ... without any encouragement.

I can't imagine ever having to seek them out. ;)

Stony

Just me being anal, but Goodson is only credited with 14 aerial victories. They must have added 16 ground kills to total the 30 they claim in their ad.

tgd31968

Stony said:
Just me being anal, but Goodson is only credited with 14 aerial victories. They must have added 16 ground kills to total the 30 they claim in their ad.

Sportsmans guide is not the most accurate in their descriptions. They once advertised Combat Infantry Badges as some type of marksmanship award or something. But, if the Silver star, DSC and DFC are accurate, they guy still sounds like a steely eyed missleman to me. 14 or 30 victories not withstanding.

My only purpose was that for $119 USD, no handwarmer pockets, a neck hook instead of a snap, and a decent look to the cut, it has respectable accuracy among the low priced repros I have run accross.

Terry

navvet

Does anyone know if the jacket has a one piece back? If someone has one are the sizes "normal" since they only offer 4 ,Med, Lg, Xlg, and 2X ?

tgd31968

navvet said:
Does anyone know if the jacket has a one piece back? If someone has one are the sizes "normal" since they only offer 4 ,Med, Lg, Xlg, and 2X ?

With Sportsmansguide it is anybody's guess. I would say order one, and if it isn't right send it back. Sportsmansguide is fine with returns.

Terry

A

Anonymous

I only wish the actual thing looks as good as that one in that photo.

rb3586

I took a chance and ordered two of the large sized. I don't know if this is the usual order, but both were in way better shape, than the usual average DRMO G-1, that come around for resale.

Both were in excellent shape and very nice hides. One was from 1966 (w/very nice riri zippers and lightweight knits) and the other from 1999 (w/ykk zippers, heavy knits and white label at the neck). One was for a F-4F squadron and the other for the NATO AWACS. It was nice to get one from each end of the spectrum. I guess just luck of the draw.

I'm happy, considering the price and quality. Now to find my camera's USB cable, to post some photos.

Atticus

deeb7 said:
Knock around jackets seem to just accumulate naturally, as a side affect of this pursuit ... without any encouragement....

Never have more truthfull words been written on this forum...

AF

A

Anonymous

deeb7 said:
tgd31968 said:
Not a bad repro if you need a knock around jacket.

Knock around jackets seem to just accumulate naturally, as a side affect of this pursuit ... without any encouragement.

I can't imagine ever having to seek them out. ;)

Amen to this post ,never a truer word spoken

All the best Jeff