• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Irving

flyboy

John Lever said:
Is it a prototype ? The arm shape looks slightly off ,cuffs too wide ?

Don't think it's a prototype. Jon stamps his jackets with numbers.
Mine is 0007 - so this one must have been finished after mine.
(Which - by the way - have quite ordinary, narrow cuffs.)

jonnyboy

Hi guys,

I seem to think that the wider cuffs on this one were a customer request. They're normally narrower. My sleeve pattern is taken from three original jackets, so is fairly typical of those found on original Irvins.

I often have requests to add more length, widen the shoulders, etc. As I make each jacket to order, this isn't usually a problem. I did turn down the request to make a knee length Irvin though!

Simon, who's selling this jacket, bought one of my initial test jackets. The original owner of the ebay jacket needed to sell it before I'd finished making it, due to cash issues, so I'm guessing Simon bought it, but maybe the fit isn't right for him?

Cheers,

Jon

blackrat2

Sorry I don't recall Andrew...I did ping him a message to see if he had my old Perry alas he has passed it on to his brother...Doh

jonnyboy

Peter, I know - a knee length Irvin would look pretty odd!

Saying that, when I bought my sewing machines a few years back, the old guy who ran the company that I got them from said that he had a mid-thigh length Irvin jacket made for him by Irvin Airchute when they used to supply sewing machines to them during the war! I think he must have been a young lad then, so probably looked a character in his extra long Irvin!

FlyingYankee

Temping, as I would really like an Irvin, I just don't thick those arms are long enough. When I get some bread I will probably order one from Jonny. also a good excuse to visit France