• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Introduction

dmoser1978

Hello, I'm new to the forums, thought I'd say a bit about myself. I'm a Medevac pilot in the National Guard, currently in Iraq. I've been a big fan of WWII aviation since I was a kid. I was always putting together models of that era's fighters. Since I've gotten in to the Army, I've been interested in the history of Army Aviation and the Army Air Corps. The A2 jacket is a great link to that, as well as a stylish item of clothing.

I've got a couple of A2's already, a seal brown goatskin from US Authentic, and a Cockpit current issue A2 ordered from LegendaryUSA.com. I like both of these jacket, and to commemorate my deployment to the Mid-East I'm going to purchase another A2. One of the guys in the unit is pretty artistic and I've asked him to work on a piece of nose-art to decorate the jacket when I get it. I'm going for a UH-60 Black Hawk with a Varga-style nurse imposed over it.

Anyway, I look forward to reading about the different jackets and related materials on this board.

-Donovan

Peter Graham

Welcome to the forum, but beware, the more you read about these jackets the more you are sucked in and before you know it you're hopelessly addicted. Anyway, have fun and stay safe out there.

Vcruiser

Welcome,Donovan
...and thanks for Serving our country!
I hope that you will be able to post pics of the jacket after the artwork is done.

Van
DSGT US Army 1970-72

ausreenactor

G'day!

You Medevac Pilots are the ultimate. Had the pleasure of serving with 5-101 Aviation
in Kandahar for the first half of this year. What you guys do, and the way you go about, is the most important component in a successful operation. Welcome..

Heard a great joke about a Medevac Pilot who reluctantly took an Apache Pilot hunting. They both loaded up and headed off. The Medevac Pilot told the Apace Pilot they were on the look out for Deer, and that they should split up. They would remain in earshot just in case. Not five minutes passed and the Medevac Pilot heard a shot ring out. He started running in the direction of the shot. As he got closer he overheard a heated arguement. He heard the Apache Pilot yelling "it's my Deer, I shot it fair and square!" The other guy yelling "I don't care, I just want my saddle back!"

Enough said..

Regards..

CPL Trevor Couch
C Sqn Brahmans
Australian Army Aviation

dmoser1978

LOL at the joke. How do you get a one armed Apached pilot down from a tree?

Wave to him.

I met some Australian infantry in Kuwait, really great guys. My brother served with some Australian aviators at Mirimar, said they were cool, but it freaked him out when the jumped to attention when he saluted them.

I've been thinking of going on leave there, what part of Australia are you from?