• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interesting early A-2 type photo

oose

Thought I'd post this shot taken in November 1930, interesting SAT A-2 type jacket worn by C. C. Taliaferro Airmail Pilot, really like this one with early zip and I like the pocket shape as well.

All the best
Stu

Silver Surfer

looks like the hides on that jac are pretty heavy, and new. interesting how long the body is, also. those unique pocket flaps are attention getters.

colekwok

That is one hell of a jacket. I really like the long zipper which goes up the collar with no hook, a cleaner design in a way.

Silver Surfer

some kinda unidentified civy jac i would guess, though it has some m-422 characteristics. govt issue? not that i know of. never the less, classy.

That is a much nicer design then the actual A-2. Probably more expensive per-piece to produce, though. There is a commonly-seen photo of A. Earhardt wearing a tight-fitting jacket that is similar to this, but it seems to have a knit A-1 style neck configuration. I always thought that was a great, functional flying jacket design.

Members online

Latest posts