• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In use : ELC Irvin , 1939 Sidcot Suit etc

fleet16b

Wasn't really sure where to put this as I am wearing both vintage and repro.
Decided to do a bit of vintage aircraft flying Canadian style today since the temps were warm ;) and under -10 today
In the picture I am wearing my ELC B of B Irvin ( she is starting to look worked in a bit). The flight suit is a 1939 pattern Sidcot suit (original). The helmet is an original Canadian "b" type and the goggles original AN 6530's
I am also wearing my Cockpit 1936 pattern flying boots that I had resoled as to remove the heavily treaded soles
Please excuse the caption it as put there by the photographer and I was not sure how to crop it.
If you visit the "plane pics" section you can see the rest of the flying scenes.

Enjoy

cnc4201113000183g.jpg

Falcon_52

The Irvin is looking really good. I'm sure you had no shortage of lift that day with those kind of temperatures. :)

Noel

fleet16b

Falcon_52 said:
The Irvin is looking really good. I'm sure you had no shortage of lift that day with those kind of temperatures. :)

Noel

Noel
You are absolutely right , she jumped off the runway and was producing lots of pwer in cruise.
In fact it was hard to slow her down for the low passes :D
Weather was CAVU ( CEILING AND VISIBILITY UNLIMITED)
or as my Dad and his RCAF buddies use to say
Weather is CAFB ( CLEAR AS A f#@king BELL ;) )

Cam