• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In search of: Talon repro M-39 zipper slider

Pilot

The shipping costs are the way they are, because if the buyer does not receive his item ( in time or at all ) he files a claim at Paypal or Ebay and .. the buyer …will win his money back… regardless…whether he received the goods or not.
The seller then lost it all.. the goods, the shipping costs and his reputation..Hence nobody takes any risk anymore…

Last edited:

Enigma1938

The shipping costs are the way they are, because if the buyer does not receive his item ( in time or at all ) he files a claim at Paypal or Ebay and .. the buyer …will win his money back… regardless…whether he received the goods or not.
The seller then lost it all.. the goods, the shipping costs and his reputation..Hence nobody takes any risk anymore…
That's why you should NEVER EVER ship without insurance and tracking number, no matter how sweet the buyer asks for cheap shipping.

Last edited:

Pilot

That's what you should NEVER EVER ship without insurance and tracking number, no matter how sweet the buyer asks for cheap shipping.
Agree!… hence the costs for shipping in the „little bubble envelope and the two hard papers around „

Southoftheborder

They're not *that* bad. They're available, and they're cheap. Thank goodness for China.

Well, they look just like the imitation triple Talon marked ones that Five Star use and sorry to disagree with you but they are that bad. I've got them on a D1 from FS and they are one of the worst parts of the jacket. See the D1 thread from a few days ago for the good bits and the bad.

The worst part is that the pulls are loose in the slides so they twist and it makes them very hard to use on the pockets when the pulls are hanging down at right angles.

I use other words than crap for the things when I'm trying to do them up and they've twisted the zip and stuck.

flyincowboy

Have had trouble with a NOS Talon m39 one the slider just split in 2 pieces on my AERO B3...Having hard time to get another slider seems nearly impossible ... So it was swapped for an YKK one which work perfectly till i will get another descent one to replace the whole zipper. Might be a stronger and bigger like the
raf b3.jpg
Crown m58 shortened at the proper Dimension. To me the Talon zipper tape and slider are definitely too small for such heavy jacket and prone to failure. Easily noticiable on wartime B3most of the zippers are broken or replaced.
Broken zipperpuller.jpg

Last edited:

Dumpster D

Found this site. Have to contact them to request prices. Don't know if It's a wholesale only thing, or ?? ??