• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Improved Eastman RW 1401-P

2BM2K

Interesting.
Disappointed that ELC is persisting with veg-tanned leather and not switching to using chrome-tanned leather.
Guess they never will now.

John Lever

By how much,milimetres or inches ?
I would assume that the man who wrote 'The book' would know surely ? Perhaps Gary is using a rule of thumb approach having seen many more examples than any of use here.
Just applying my own logic as I am a total beginner where A2's are concerned.

derleicaman

saucerfiend said:
The pockets are STILL too high!
Same thing occurred to me. Hate to say it, but JC nails this detail every time. How does the man "who wrote the book" not get these little things right?

Reminds me of Maxwell Smart's favorite line, "Missed it by this much!" :D

Roughwear

John Lever said:
I would assume that the man who wrote 'The book' would know surely ? Perhaps Gary is using a rule of thumb approach having seen many more examples than any of use here.

He may well have seen many more originals than most here, but the pockets are too high and were not typical of original RWs. The high placements on pockets has been commented on on other ELC original maker jackets. I am still mystified as to why this inaccuracy has not been rectified.

A

Anonymous

Code:
PLATON wrote:
Nice, I applaud, but you haven't seen real vintage yet.

Well, real vintage is an original jacket surely ?

What I mean, I saw a super vintage looking antique victory horse hides at BK's last Friday. They would make an amazing jacket.

John Lever

Roughwear said:
John Lever said:

He may well have seen many more originals than most here, but the pockets are too high and were not typical of original RWs. The high placements on pockets has been commented on on other ELC original maker jackets. I am still mystified as to why this inaccuracy has not been rectified.
I wonder if it could be something to do with the way jackets are made, how the waist band is sewn ?