• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IMPERIAL G1 - it's twins ...

Thomas Koehle

Found these "TWINS" within less than 10 days on EBAY.com

Both are made by IMPERIAL - both are 46 - same order no = same fiscal year

different vendors - both arrived almost at the same time

seems the knitting on the one jacket on the left have been replaced already but still a difference in the color of the leather and quality of the mouton (artificial mouton)

justz to proove what @B-Man2 Burt likes to claim: there are still out there and sometimes cheaper than a reproduction

JdR71jS.jpg

LdKBSdV.jpg

ltlbNOC.jpg

3WUBJlb.jpg

icRYAuH.jpg

Erwin

These are super cool Thomas, g1s with Dynel also have a very specific character [in a positive way, nothing is better than a genuine contract jacket]. I have some feeling that some alternations/replacements for the fur are coming soon here ;)

Thomas Koehle

Since the knittings where pretty worn off off the 2 jackets i replaced all "elastics"

i was curious what might look better - the knittings in seal or in russet

i already had knittings replace on another jacket wich went pretty well but with the imperials it was a pretty painfull procedure to get the seamstress to do it right

on the first time the waist was too loose on both jackets so she had to "redo" the whole procedure

i'm pretty satisfied now

which combo is your favourite:

TkU2goz.jpg

pKe5OTz.jpg

7yXP83a.jpg

8dqqTTi.jpg

Since the jackets where made in 76 i wasn't that much worried about authenticity

i like the steer-hide that much - currently my favourite jackets (even though it is still way too warm in Germany to wear 'em)

Griffon_301

they both look great!
I am wondering how the Star will look with the replacement knits from Mash sewn in...
thank you very much for the hint about having measurements taken before sewing in the replacent waist knit...
stupid question but how did you take the measurement for the waist? over a pair of trousers or "naked"?

Thomas Koehle

keep your pants on ...

i was actually at the seamstress and let her do the measuring - it went wrong the first time coz i thought since she already did the MONARCH for me she might still have my dimensions - wrong expectation from my side

the knits where to loose so she did it twice (for sure i gave her some extra money coz i thinks it was improper communivation from both sides ...)

flyincowboy

actually i like the G1 and earlier variants over the A2 coz of the shape and fit

Highly recommended piece of garment
HELLO THOMAS Could you give some dimensions ? pit to pit , shoulders? waist ? sleeves length? Guessing that a size 46 might be good for me. Regards Fred.

Thomas Koehle

HELLO THOMAS Could you give some dimensions ? pit to pit , shoulders? waist ? sleeves length? Guessing that a size 46 might be good for me. Regards Fred.

Fred,
currently i'm not at home back on the weekend only.

For sure i can drop some dimensions ...

Whats your body dimensions?