• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm blaming the forum ....

Willy McCoy

deeb7 said:
Peter Graham said:
It's the nylon that scares me. It could still take me anytime.....

I'm okay, I'll just stick to the weekends, and besides ... Willy McCoy is granting me absolution, just for posting these pictures.
In the case of The Jealous vs. Deeb7. You have been found legally sane by a jury of your peers. All charges dismissed. NOw enjoy that jacket wisely.

Atticus

This photo is at least two years old....maybe three. I've added quite a few nylon and field jackets to the collection since then.

My niece is taking a phycology course in school. She informs me that I suffer from OCD. She doesn't know about VLJ.

wisconsin.jpg

AF

Atticus

rich said:
:shock: :shock:

Now THAT is a collection! Any particular favourites in there AF?
Thanks, Rich. Seems like my favorite has always been the next jacket I'm looking at on e-bay. Truthfully, I've been going through a M-65/ M-51 phase this year. I just really like the way a vintage field jacket looks with faded jeans and a well worn baseball cap.

AF

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Okay ... now I have a question.

The Skyline, and the Sportsmasters, have been dropped off to Eunice for repairs to the knits, and now I've bought the 1971 Alpha. I just liked the olive Army name tag, but I'm not so happy with the jacket as the knits have been replaced.

So, if I want to be Del Carlo occasionally ... is there a time-line to be aware of, if I decide to switch the patches to another MA-1?

Alpha_71.jpg

Alpha_71_label.jpg

Willy McCoy

deeb7 said:
Okay ... now I have a question.

I've bought the 1971 Alpha. I just liked the olive Army name tag, but I'm not so happy with the jacket as the knits have been replaced, So, if I want to be Del Carlo occasionally ... is there a time-line to be aware of, if I decide to switch the patches to another MA-1?
To be certain about the time reference for those tapes I would just have the knits gone through on the jacket. I could understand that you may be tired of going to your tailor, but it would be a great addition to your already wonderful collection.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Well it's back to plan A ... now that I've had a closer look, Mom did a pretty rough job on the knit replacement. The cuffs, and waistband have been sewn above the existing seams, so doing it again would involve further shortening, or exposing some wavy train tracks.

So do I now need to find another 1971 Alpha, or how close does it need to be?