• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm blaming the forum ....

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
This morning I picked up two more MA-1's. Nothing special, a first orange lining contract Skyline, with the Coats Clark Crown zipper, and a Sportsmasters, with a blackened, flat pull Scovill, and the vertical wind flap stitching.

Both size Large, with a few holes, so I can wear them anywhere, and not have to worry about food spillages, or door catches. Now I'm chasing another, with the olive US Army, and name tags.

I blame the forum .....

helodrvr

That's right, David. The forum makes us do it... Jacket Acquisition Syndrome, and its lesser know boot acquisition syndrome are direct results of participating in this forum. There there are watches and cameras and hats. Whew, maybe we need help.

nogbat

i was once walking through euston station in the rush hour miles away in my thoughts when to my left a man came into sight in what i believe to be a goodwear a2..before i could gather my thoughts i was 6 feet behind him and trying to make out what style of a2 when suddenly my brain went woooow hold on there fellow ... come back to reality andy... i coughed a couple of times and carried on my way eyes front ... :( the sickness continues..

Willy McCoy

deeb7 said:
This morning I picked up two more MA-1's. Nothing special, a first orange lining contract Skyline, with the Coats Clark Crown zipper, and a Sportsmasters, with a blackened, flat pull Scovill, and the vertical wind flap stitching.

Both size Large, with a few holes, so I can wear them anywhere, and not have to worry about food spillages, or door catches. Now I'm chasing another, with the olive US Army, and name tags.

I blame the forum .....

You're addicted !! Me too. Photos of the Sportsmasters will absolve you of all crimes !!

better duck

SO? Sue us!! We are all victims of the same affliction, and: the forum is us, you included!!
But it is indeed a hellish infliction and there is nothing much that can be done short of the total withholding of funds. If that last ditch measure is taken (always by others, never by the sufferer) acute withdrawal symptoms are seen. Treat gently but firmly - and keep him away from leather jackets, exept for maybe, after a lenghty abstinence of anything horse- or goat leather in his environment - an occasional sniff under strict supervision!

nogbat

is that a werber your wearing in your picture, better duck... :roll: see what i mean ... the sickness continues.. :eek: :eek:

better duck

nogbat said:
is that a werber your wearing in your picture, better duck... :roll: see what i mean ... the sickness continues.. :eek: :eek:

No, that is my GW Dubow 27798 in goat. You see, I have the affliction in a bad way. Chapmaneritis, which is a subvariant of the more generic A2-itis.

Atticus

deeb7 said:

I blame the forum .....
Nope. Its not the forum's fault. The truth is, the long and winding road of flight jacket collecting always ends up on the doorstep of the early MA-1. ;)

AF

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Willy McCoy said:
You're addicted !! Me too. Photos of the Sportsmasters will absolve you of all crimes !!

Really? Well okay, it's dark right now, but later ...

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
helodrvr said:
Jacket Acquisition Syndrome, and its lesser know boot acquisition syndrome are direct results of participating in this forum.

Well that's certainly true, before I came here I didn't have any boots. Now I'm wearing them, and the bootmaker makes shoes for me on the Munson boot last.

Corey

Hmmm, I guess I'm afflicted too! :lol: Other than $$$, closet space is another limit I've run up against recently. I have jackets stashed in closets all over the house. Had to do some thinning this spring. :(

Peter Graham

I blame the forum too. I think my interest would have waned long ago if I hadn't found a home here. I think I'm over the worst of the addiction now. I look upon the A-2 obsession many members have with mild amusment now, knowing that I was once there. It's the nylon that scares me. It could still take me anytime.....

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Peter Graham said:
It's the nylon that scares me. It could still take me anytime.....

I'm okay, I'll just stick to the weekends, and besides ... Willy McCoy is granting me absolution, just for posting these pictures.

Sportsmasters.jpg

Sportsmasters_zip.jpg

A

Anonymous

Peter Graham said:
I blame the forum too. I think my interest would have waned long ago if I hadn't found a home here. I think I'm over the worst of the addiction now. I look upon the A-2 obsession many members have with mild amusment now, knowing that I was once there.

I'm in a similarly happy position Peter. At last ! :) Same with the nylon too now. But like a reformed alcoholic, just one drop and I'll be off the wagon again.

Maybe it's just that other hobbies have taken over as less expensive and more rewarding for me now.

Dave