• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Identifying marks?

syringmt

Finally was able to get the jacket I've always wanted. I bought a RW27752 on ebay. I'm not sure who the maker is, though (Eastman, Goodwear etc.). Are there any marks or tags I could look for? The right pocket has a small white tag that reads "RW NO0396 size 44". The Jacket tag itself is the normal 27752 tag. Any help would be appreciated.
Oh yeah, the jacket is GREAT! It's miles above my U.S. Authentic that I have been wearing for the last 12 years!

Jeff M

syringmt said:
Finally was able to get the jacket I've always wanted. I bought a RW27752 on ebay. I'm not sure who the maker is, though (Eastman, Goodwear etc.). Are there any marks or tags I could look for? The right pocket has a small white tag that reads "RW NO0396 size 44". The Jacket tag itself is the normal 27752 tag. Any help would be appreciated.
Oh yeah, the jacket is GREAT! It's miles above my U.S. Authentic that I have been wearing for the last 12 years!

The seller doesn't know who made it ?
Generally if a repro A2 from one of the "high end" makers (ELC, GW, etc.) is sold on eBay, who made that jacket is the first thing noted in the listing.

syringmt

Thanks for the input guys. The jacket was identified by a private message as an Eastman, before they used Warhorse horsehide. He guessed from the 2001-2007 time frame. Jeff, the seller was not a "jacket guy" and was unsure if it was a repro or an original :lol: I will post pictures as soon as I can. Thanks again.