• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I. Spiewak & Sons address when they were in North Bergen, NJ

Juanito

I have searched like crazy and have even attempted to contact Spiewak in New York, but have had zero luck.

Does anyone know the physical address of I. Spiewak & Sons when they were located in North Bergen, NJ (embroidery capital of the world!) during WWII?

johnwayne

Re: I. Spiewak & Sons address when they were in North Bergen

An overdue response I know but according to Eastmans jacket manual, while it lists the factory as being North Bergen it states the office address as 366 Broadway New York NY! Sounds like the factory was not used in official documentation - if you have the manual you'll note that of all the letterheads reproduced that's one that isn't!!
Cheers
Wayne

Juanito

Re: I. Spiewak & Sons address when they were in North Bergen

I think you are correct from what I can tell. I am looking for the factory building address in North Bergen.

I go to the East Coat to visit my wife's parents for a couple of weekks each summer, and they live in North Bergen. I spent about 2 years there. In the summer of 2016, I plan to visit as many physical sites of A-2manufacturers that I can since there are a number within easy driving distance.

B-Man2

All I could find was this:

346 BERGEN AVE. JERSEY CITY NJ 07304

-Scott
Hi LD
And welcome to VLJ .
just wanted to give you a a bit of insight that the post you responded to was posted back in 2015 . It’s a bit out dated but never the less thanks for that information .
and welcome here once again

Juanito

Thanks, guys! I have kind of let the trail.run dead on chasing this, but when I get a little more I should be able to find it. I just need to hit one of the local libraries there and either find a city directory from that era or a telephone book