• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I earned these two and will wear them proudly

a2jacketpatches

Finally found my 42nd Bomb Wing Patch, got the SAC a few months ago. Both are much earlier than my service in the 80's, but these 1950's versions are a much larger size and will look great on a jacket. I found the BW patch a while back on Snyder's Treasures for 125- so I put up an auto search on Ebay and got the same patch for 9 bucks last week in stone mint condition, the SAC was found on Etsy for 10 bucks and mint as well. When at Loring I hated ever minute of it, 35 below zero, nothing to do, base inspections / alerts all the time, but looking back the good times come to mind. Bottom photo is Whiskey, or Weapons Storage Area. Cruising around that place all night long scaring off the Moose, Deer, and every other critter known to man ( including the Lt. ) setting off the ground sensors. Had to treat every instance as if the Russians were coming. Not to mention an unidentified lights in the sky ever once in a while, very spooky.