• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I don't get it ?

havocpaul

The problem now eBay hide the identities of all bidders so easier for sellers to get 'false' bids if that is the case although not saying it is here.

jack aranda

Hi, Charlie:
Another small problem is that jacket is not a half-belt; it is a Highwayman. I know--I have a black steerhide Aero Highwayman. It will be going up for sale later n the summer; I have no illusions that it will fetch that kind of madman's price, however.

Vcruiser

HHjackets said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/1940s-Halfbelt-Aero-FQHH-Horsehide-Leather-Jacket-Buco_W0QQitemZ220428400052QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVintage_Men_s_Clothing?hash=item33528e75b4&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1205|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

Guess who.... :!:

Something kinda fishy....heh... :?:

asiamiles

Vcruiser said:

Well, it's curious that someone so knowledgeable would overpay for such an item. He's probably going to lose a few bucks on it.

I'm also a little puzzled by the wording in the listing: "Original 1940s Highwayman Half Belt Classic Jacket, not a reproduction."

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
asiamiles said:
I'm also a little puzzled by the wording in the listing: "Original 1940s Highwayman Half Belt Classic Jacket, not a reproduction."

I'm puzzled too ... although in the first listing there's a link to Aero Leather Scotland, Steve seems to imply that this Highwayman is from Beacon, N.Y.

HHjackets

Vcruiser said:
HHjackets said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/1940s-Halfbelt-Aero-FQHH-Horsehide-Leather-Jacket-Buco_W0QQitemZ220428400052QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVintage_Men_s_Clothing?hash=item33528e75b4&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1205|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

Guess who.... :!:

that's what i couldn't figure out, he can have a brand new one custom made to measure etc for £100 less.

deeb7 said:
asiamiles said:

I'm puzzled too ... although in the first listing there's a link to Aero Leather Scotland, Steve seems to imply that this Highwayman is from Beacon, N.Y.

got to ask Will about the jacket, it's probably from the late 80s.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
HHjackets said:

Yes, that's where I'd place it ... 20 years of hard wear. Prior to that the label was the same design, but embossed onto leather.

Vcruiser

deeb7 said:
HHjackets said:

Yes, that's where I'd place it ... 20 years of hard wear. Prior to that the label was the same design, but embossed onto leather.

Yeah...I kinda thought that was obvious. Senicko surely didn't pay big money for that jacket. I would guess that he is in cahoots with the buyer that did...or previous seller for some mysterious reason. After all...he can always change his eBay name again...if the truth is revealed or discription seriously questioned.....

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Vcruiser said:
deeb7 said:

Yeah...I kinda thought that was obvious......

Sorry, Van .... :mrgreen:

Vcruiser

deeb7 said:
Vcruiser said:
deeb7 said:

Yeah...I kinda thought that was obvious......

Sorry, Van .... :mrgreen:

Yikes... :!:
Didn't mean to come across as crude or rude,David...
Just mean't that the label was a dead giveaway that it was an Aero repro for sure....and most likely a fairly early one .
:oops:

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Vcruiser said:
Yikes... :!:
Didn't mean to come across as crude or rude,David...
Just mean't that the label was a dead giveaway that it was an Aero repro for sure....and most likely a fairly early one .
:oops:

Ah .... now I'm with you. :D

It's certainly one to watch. Unless there's something we're missing, this could sell at a big loss.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Roughwear said:
... I'm amazed it didn't go for more than it did.

Great buying, Andrew ... it was just so poorly listed, and UK only.

After a few repairs, a new worldwide listing with measurements, and a better description, should show a good profit.

Especially now that we know they are so valuable in Spain, and China. ;)

HHjackets

Roughwear said:
HHjackets said:
this early one, looks like steerhide, needs a push!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0432704740

Thanks for the heads up on this Dave. I'm amazed it didn't go for more than it did.

you're welcome Dave! i've seen the early ones, the steerhide leather wasn't great and the sleeves were kind of short but for this price i suppose it's ok only because it's from the 80s, the sleeves on this one look short too.

Roughwear

If the jacket does not fit it will be re-sold. I'm hoping it fits! The one from Spain will not reach the same price he paid for it. I'm sure he knows its a repro, but wont day in the listing as it will affect the price. I hope it doesn't get water damaged like his Dubow! :roll: