• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hurry hurry new re-issue depot stuff

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Hawkeye said:
Most notable is a size 40 broken grain ANJ-4

A great chance to acquire one of the top guns from the Eastman hanger.

£100 saving on new

Well it is second hand ...

And don't you sometimes wish, that the Eastman copy writer would settle down a little. :p

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Here's the Rough Wear ... looks like they forgot to turn off the Time Worn machine, when they went off to band practice.

I don't know why I'm bothering to look, Eastman leathers in my size are always too short in the sleeve.

A-227752TW40RI.jpg

asiamiles

Those reductions seem a little stingy to me. As already stated the ANJ4 is a used item while that A-2 looks rather the worse for wear. 50% off retail would be more reasonable.

Tim P

I am a big Eastman fan. one thing I will say is that generous discounts are not part of their business ethic. you could spend a grand or more (or cause a couple of grand to be collectively spent with them with them) and forget any ideas of a sweetener. still, the fit and the look of their jakcets suits my body shape and sensibilities better than most other manufacturers.

mazeta

Tim P said:
I am a big Eastman fan. one thing I will say is that generous discounts are not part of their business ethic. you could spend a grand or more (or cause a couple of grand to be collectively spent with them with them) and forget any ideas of a sweetener. still, the fit and the look of their jakcets suits my body shape and sensibilities better than most other manufacturers.
I agree, ELC can be very stingy on discounts, but they can get away with it. I've gotten bigger discounts even from Stuart Clurman.

John Lever

deeb7 said:
Hawkeye said:
Most notable is a size 40 broken grain ANJ-4

A great chance to acquire one of the top guns from the Eastman hanger.

£100 saving on new

Well it is second hand ...

And don't you sometimes wish, that the Eastman copy writer would settle down a little. :p
That's top dollar.

havocpaul

They seem to upload these on their site at an unsociable hour for their fellow Brits, obviously aiming at the overseas buyer especially those across the pond then!

Tim P

I have stopped watching the reissue dept because the knockdown is often not proportionate to the 'flaw' and I am an Eastman slut. Every duxford, I cant help myself. I would pay the new price rather than a paltry discount. Conversely I would buy discounted jackets that I had no real need for igf the pricce was low enough.
Bargain Eastmans can often be had from Aero who take them as trade ins and seem to take pleasure in the devaluing aspect of offering them at a markdown (whether they do or not is another matter)
A £100 'saving' on new on a second hand jacket is not really a deal as John points out.

ausreenactor

Tim....I never really thought of it like that but I think I have to admit...

Hi, my name is Couchy, and I am an Eastman Slut!

For some unknown reason the pattern of the ANJ-4 is not that appealing to me...and that is still a hefty
price. And to pay 'more' for a used and abused Time Worn astounds me? I am sure someone with a buff
could do the same at home...Or whack it in a dryer with tennis balls...?? Take a Special Edition and turn it
into something "less than Special". And what qualifies a Time Worn as a second? Too much rubbing? Not
enough Rubbing. Wear spots in the areas of low wear?? I think the Time Worn will sit there for a while. The
ANJ-4 will end up on eBay within 12 months I would reckon..

Couchy

John Lever

ausreenactor said:
Tim....I never really thought of it like that but I think I have to admit...

Hi, my name is Couchy, and I am an Eastman Slut!

For some unknown reason the pattern of the ANJ-4 is not that appealing to me...and that is still a hefty
price. And to pay 'more' for a used and abused Time Worn astounds me? I am sure someone with a buff
could do the same at home...Or whack it in a dryer with tennis balls...?? Take a Special Edition and turn it
into something "less than Special". And what qualifies a Time Worn as a second? Too much rubbing? Not
enough Rubbing. Wear spots in the areas of low wear?? I think the Time Worn will sit there for a while. The
ANJ-4 will end up on eBay within 12 months I would reckon..

Couchy
Couchy,
The Anj-4 Broken Finish is not ' time worn ' it just lacks the shine found on other versions and has a slightly textured finish. There is no rubbing or distressing of any kind.
I think £350 would be nearer the mark.
I have had all the versions of this jacket made by all the major repro makers and the Eastman is probably the best or a close tie with my RMNZ

ausreenactor

John Lever said:
ausreenactor said:
The Anj-4 Broken Finish is not ' time worn ' it just lacks the shine found on other versions and has a slightly textured finish.

With regard to the rubbing, I switched to the A-2 mid paragraph. At work I am known as the "frequency hopper". Due to my mid conversation and mid email tangents. Speaking of birds!!

Couchy

ASCooke

Hello all. Thought this would be a good opportunity to post pics of my new Size 38 ELC A-1. I bought this last week off of the re-issue depot for £349.99- £80 off new. It was described as a try on & showing slight signs of this. The jacket has some creasing on the arms (which is to be expected with cape skin) and there are some very slight scratches here and there, but nothing serious. All in all a great jacket and i am very pleased. Another winner from the re-issue depot! :D

P1000149.jpg

P1000146.jpg

P1000145.jpg