• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Howard Curran's A-2

Stony

Just acquired Howard Curran's Dubow 27798 A-2. He was a P-47 pilot with the 510th FS, 9th AF. He is listed as an ace on their website, but he actually only has two confirmed victories. The others were probably ground kills that they took away after the war, which was common practice.

The jacket is in really good shape, but it looks like it was re-dyed and at least one cuff was replaced. He had some modern patches, reunion patch and newer name tag sewn on, so it detracts somewhat from the value. I'd post some pictures, but my main puter is in the shop. It's a size 38 and the leather is in outstanding condition. Very little wear around the collar where the lining meets the collar.

TankBuster

Neat. I believe he recently passed away. I was able to purchase some of his wartime photos a couple of months ago, along with some letters he wrote. All these items must be coming out of his estate.?.

Stony

Curran actually lived in the same town as me (Tacoma), so yes, his stuff seems to be coming out. Of the two photos I have, only one is an original.