• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to stretch out a waistband?

3onamatch

I've got an A-2 that I love, but it seems the waistband is just too tight. Leather bunches up quite a bit at the back bottom. I'm thinking the waistband may have been sewn on too tight, but before replacing it, I want to see if anyone here could offer any tips. Btw, the jacket is two years old and has seen a good amount of use, so waiting for it to naturally stretch out on its own does not seem realistic.

Ken at Aero Leather

3onamatch said:
I've got an A-2 that I love, but it seems the waistband is just too tight. Leather bunches up quite a bit at the back bottom. I'm thinking the waistband may have been sewn on too tight, but before replacing it, I want to see if anyone here could offer any tips. Btw, the jacket is two years old and has seen a good amount of use, so waiting for it to naturally stretch out on its own does not seem realistic.

If it is wool, soak it