• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do remove factory applied decals on repros ?

a2jacketpatches

Many different brands of decal setting solution for scale models that soften the film and make it settle in all the cracks and crevices. It will re-soften it enough to work out with a tooth brush or something getting them. Goatskin may be a problem as the bristles may not reach deep enough. But that's how I'd go about it. Maybe a piece of tape on the decal but not the leather and pull off quickly but do try on an inconspicuous area of leather first to see just how strong that finish is. In any event, the tape could get it started and allow the solution to creep under and finish the job, but I'd continue and finish once started as the solution might set the decal even better if allowed to dry.

John Lever

Thanks, I'd had similar thoughts. Some of the decals are iron on so it could be a one way process and never come off cleanly. I wonder if acetone would work ?