• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do I research a WW! Veteran?

a2jacketpatches

I just bought a WW1 Gas Mask along with a 20th AF and AAF HQ patches. Maybe the same guy owned all or maybe someone else in the family owned the patches, but it would be cool to find Sgt. Reeder serial# 1622365 to be an Air Service vet. This info is carefully printed on the gas mask pouch but it doesn't seem like an easy thing to research. Anyone else know the ropes on this kind of thing?

handworn

Go to the National Archives website here:

http://aad.archives.gov/aad/series-list.jsp?cat=WR26

It's better with personal details than with service. It might tell you he was in the AAF, might not.

a2jacketpatches said:
I just bought a WW1 Gas Mask along with a 20th AF and AAF HQ patches. Maybe the same guy owned all or maybe someone else in the family owned the patches, but it would be cool to find Sgt. Reeder serial# 1622365 to be an Air Service vet. This info is carefully printed on the gas mask pouch but it doesn't seem like an easy thing to research. Anyone else know the ropes on this kind of thing?

a2jacketpatches

Actually, this is all I have written on a WW! Gas Mask Bag. But I got some AAF Patches as well and thought it might be the same guy serving in two wars, but probably not.