• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hot water treatment & goatskin

A

Anonymous

Has anyone tried the hot water treatment on a goatskin jacket and if so, does it accelerate the worn-in appearance ?

I'm guessing that it won't bring any grain out as goat is grainy anyways.

Cheers
Dave

Clark J

Here you go Dave.Didn't do much to the color.Made it look a lot better!
009-2.jpg

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that Clark . Your A-2 looks cracking. Is it the GW Doniger ? I'd love to get my hands on one of those in a 46" or 48".

Do you reckon it would do much for a G-1 ?

Dave

Cobblers161

It's a GW Dubow Dave and equally as handsome as the Doniger although I imagine some would disagree. I am still mourning the foolhardy sale of mine.

Looks nice Clark although I still sit in the camp of 'that's a helluva expensive risk to take'.

A

Anonymous

Those GW goats do look sweet.

I agree about not liking the thought of using a drier or any other artificial heat. I've done hot water and wear whilst wet on a lot of steer and horse jackets and always been pleased with the results . I've just never thought about goat as I've always done it to bring grain out and get permanent wear creases and assumed that as goat grain doesn't come out more with wear and being a more pliable hide never thought it would meke much difference to it. But I have a nice late 60's G-1 that I'd like to try to make look a little more worn than the wear it actually gets. Of course I could wear it on my Motorbike in bad weather !

Has anyone tried this with Aero's FQHH ?

Dave

deand

Put my budget A-2 jacket, (similar to ones sold by Shorty's I was told by the guy I bought it from), into the washer on gentle cycle in hot water, and then the dryer at normal heat, three times and it didn't hurt it a bit, may have just shrunk it enough to give it a less blousy fit.

dean