• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Horsehide Monarch

Erwin

Interesting jacket made by Monarch, has any of you have any information about this particular jacket when it was made? An interesting design, is it a "game pocket" on it's back?
1.JPG

2.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG
5.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG

Attachments

• 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 68

Erwin

Oh no, sadly not my item, I found some pictures of it when was looking for information about old Monarch jackets. Haven't seen a game pocket on any jacket [based on the USN pattern].

Nickb123

That’s a beautiful thing. They did those pockets on some vintage motorcycle jackets, presumably to allow the rear passenger a place for their hands. Dont know if that’s true or not.

In your jacket those are bigger though, so your game pocket is a good term.

Erwin

They did those pockets on some vintage motorcycle jackets, presumably to allow the rear passenger a place for their hands.
Interesting concept indeed.
I got an old red and black plaid hunting jacket with those side zippers.
As far as I'm aware a game pocket was a term for these back pockets in hunting garments. A very handy and user-friendly design.