• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hogan's Heroes spiked helmet?

MauldinFan

9f4f5843aa442ed18e6231c2d2ff070f.jpg.c22a38e211cc5e792b252ee10ca0f3a2.jpg

My limited understanding of pre-WW1 German stuff leads me to suspect this is an NCO helmet due to the very tall spike.
Beats me what the insignia is for, though.
I'd love a reproduction of this to place my crusher upon...
I have found one that is close, on eBay:
s-l1600 (1).jpg

P-47 thunderbolt

Its a pickelhaube helmet, used by prussian military up to the early days of ww1.
Made of leather, the only one I've handled was fairly worn but solid, almost no polish/paint on it. Was about £900 in an antiques shop

Micawber

Complete originals in good condition that have not been tinkered with, had parts replaced or made up from bits are hard to find unless you are willing to pay accordingly. Like so many things I remember when they were once discoverable in unadulterated condition here in the UK for what today would be peanuts.

JonnyCrow

Complete originals in good condition that have not been tinkered with, had parts replaced or made up from bits are hard to find unless you are willing to pay accordingly. Like so many things I remember when they were once discoverable in unadulterated condition here in the UK for what today would be peanuts.
Exactly Steve, 70's little militaria shop in Hull had a few of them for not too much money now crazy prices same with ww1 German mutz caps, or ones moths haven't feasted on

warguy

The one from Hogans Heroes is Prussian cavalry and it is an officers model-it has the brass chin scales. An enlisted model would have leather chinstrap. From Pilots post above you see a Prussian Infantry model (different front plate) but also an Officers model with brass chin scales and silk (officers) interior as opposed to leather (finger) interior which was worn by EM.

Pilot

Prussian officer mounted troops.

MauldinFan

x1080.jpeg

Well, it looks like the helmet in the credits was indeed the same one on the set, except that the spike is much taller in the credits photo version.