• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with identifying eastman a-2

dinomartino1

Does anyone know what model this Eastman a-2 is I saw on ebay.
Tag reads CONT. NO W535AC23373.
Seller does not what leather it is and a poor picture.
Thanks for any help.

j1.JPG
j2.jpg

Marv

If the jacket has collar stand then it will probably be an ELC Pearl Harbor in Steerhide, if not then it will just be their standard house A2 which could be either Horsehide or Goatskin but more likely horse.
If the jacket is an older model then it will have repro Talon zipper, the newer jackets have a repro Crown zipper.

Hope that helps

Roughwear

Looking at the picture it does not appear to have a collar stand and is a house jacket, most likely made from horsehide.

dinomartino1

Thanks for the replies everyone, I was looking on the eastman site but could not find the pics for the labels but have found out how to find them now.
The seller sent me the measurements.

The measurements: across the back shoulder to shoulder- 17 inches seam to seam

Length from nape of neck to bottom of waistband - 25 inches

Sleeve length from shoulder seam to end of cuff = 24 1/2 inches

chest across the front underarm to underarm - 20 inches

Unless he measured the shoulders wrong they would be too small for me.
I also have been reading peoples comments on fedora lounge about the quality of eastmans knits which has put me off, does anyone have any opinions on them.
If anyone is else is interested in the jacket here is the link.
It is a size 40 is is listed as new in mint condition 400 pounds or offer, might be able to get a good price if your in the UK, I'm in Australia and he would have posted it for free for the 400.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/191851055136?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Last edited:

MikeyB-17

That's a pretty ropey listing-one lousy, out of focus pic, and doesn't even mention Eastman, which would be a major selling point to most. Maybe now you've been good enough to post the link here somebody might be interested.

Roughwear

Eastman are using more robust knits on their current A2s. The comments on TFL would refer to the knits used a few years back.

PADDY_M

£400!!! That's a lot for a small secondhand 'house style' ELC. You'd get a decent GW (secondhand ) at that price.