• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help to ID this WWII? US Army sleeping bag

Phantomfixer

I picked this up today. A very heavy rectangle shaped sleeping bag. Bag is made by Alaskan Sleeping Bag Co., the tag is the standard white tag with washed out ink, all except the Alaskan Sleeping Bag Company at the top....the inner pad is shredded latex foam...see pic.
The pics are from the middle of the bag up. The zipper is a crown mil spec zipper found on bags from WWII.
There is a flap at the head position with draw strings on the left and right side. Maybe a pillow, when folded over and stuffed with a blanket? Or maybe a rain hood, I folded the flap over the top of the bag...
Anyone ever seen one of these guys? it might be civilian, but it came stuffed inside a WWII duffel bag named to Lt Martin

Phantomfixer

yep leaning that way too. The sleeping pad for sure. The bag is super warm. Very roomy. I think the flap at the top could be a rain flap, but more likely a built in storage cover. Will put it in an officers bed roll, I use for camping....