• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help/questions with EASTMAN A-2 repro's, buying 1 new

Ian C

Hiya,

New to the website and this is my first post,

I own an Eastman Rough Wear 27752 and a 352nd Monarch because I used to live close to Bodney where the 352nd was initially based and also because I couldn't decide between a russet or a seal brown when I first wanted to buy one. I'd previously owned a Cooper A2 which was comfortable but never really looked right and was also bought a Cooper G1 by my wife which I am more than happy with.
It was strange to hear how the Rough Wear was uncomfortable as I thought it was just me. I love both, but the Monarch is far more comfortable. I have considered selling it and buying a 'house' Eastman as I've been told these have a roomier fit? If anyone knows of a comfortable original maker type A2 in seal brown I rather have this though I realise this is a bit pedantic.
I am also currently waiting to recieve a 1968 type MA1 and wondered if anyone has any advice on replacing the knits as I bought a replacement set once I had won the jackets.
Thanks,
Ian