• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help needed for RL A2 Jacket

Ritchy

Someone offered me this Ralph Lauren jacket. What do you think about itand what would be the right price.
Thank you for your contributions

1.jpeg
2.jpeg
3.jpeg
4.jpeg
5.jpeg
6.jpeg
7.jpeg

B-Man2

RL jackets are usually pretty overpriced for what you’re getting, if you can get this one for $200-$300. that would be ok . Keep in mind that there are more accurate repros being made for close to the same price.

MikeyB-17

That’s a damn good-looking jacket. RL may not be the last word in accuracy, but they get the look bang on (the ‘antique brass’ zip is ‘orrible). I reckon that looks a lot more like a WWII A-2 than many turned out by the more respected makers-although it probably cost just as much new.

JonnyCrow

Someone offered me this Ralph Lauren jacket. What do you think about itand what would be the right price.

View attachment 86773View attachment 86774View attachment 86775View attachment 86776View attachment 86777View attachment 86778View attachment 86779

View attachment 86773View attachment 86774View attachment 86775View attachment 86776View attachment 86777View attachment 86778View attachment 86779
Ritchy if the price is right grab it

Silver Surfer

Rl has made several “a-2” iterations. Some better than others, and All for big coin if purchased new. They were (like this one) a mash up of original contracts. As written above, if ya can land it for $200 or a little more, and it’s a fit, go for it. I would source a talon puller for it, and have better knit elements installed if it were mine.

JonnyCrow

Rl has made several “a-2” iterations. Some better than others, and All for big coin if purchased new. They were (like this one) a mash up of original contracts. As written above, if ya can land it for $200 or a little more, and it’s a fit, go for it. I would source a talon puller for it, and have better knit elements installed if it were mine.
RL jackets can be made very authentic

Chandler

Something very dodgy about the leather. The collar doesn't seem to lay quite right because of it.

Seamed cuffs?

Ritchy

The seller is asking 300€. As Burt said, it's the threshold between a more faithful copy of AVI or Fivestar for which one can precisely choose the size and a used jacket which already has its patina. I'm going to let it go and take the time.

johnwayne

Seen a couple of these in the past and actually thought they looked pretty good if not a tad lighter/ thinner hide than the repros most of us know. RL do have a decent record for turning out military styles for the fashionista’s - I have a RL M421a and really like it, bought via someone here who mentioned a source that had some when, trying to find another decent repro, let alone an original, seemed impossible! Like others $2-300 is what I might consider paying, no higher judging by its condition.

Domi88

for 300 it's great because the seller wanted 350 and made this price drop, it's an opportunity not to be missed in my opinion