• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GW Perry 16175

blackrat2

Well the wait has finally finished
My new Perry arrived earlier this week...had the usual insane customs charges to pay before i got my hands on it.
I was down for a Star originally, which i was going to have in seal brown. However I then saw some pics on Johns site in the sale section, of a seal brown jacket that looked different to my eye.
On speaking with JC i learnt this was a hand applied dye, which at the time wasn't readily available on his site at the time. So i had my colour and contract and the waiting game began. Years ago i owned a Perry that John had used aniline on to play with the finish, it was a 44 and fit like a dream and stupidly was sold by me to a member on the forum. I have since had a Poughkeepsie and Cooper both in size 46, i always felt these jackets never quite fit right, the epaulettes slid backwards off my shoulders and the jacket pulled at my throat...they were also quite baggy around my waist, so on speaking with John decided on a 44 long.
The sizing is spot on, no ballooning and sleeve length is right on the money. As Dr H mentioned Perry do run short lengthwise but i think it is right for me.
So with size sorted and after chatting with John and seeing pics of Cobblers Perry and sadly my long held regret of selling my old Perry i went for a new one.
I have had the NOS Conmar fitted and the leather is amazing with great grain and wrinkles just as i like it.
John as has been said time and time again is a master craftsmen. Roughwear will post some pics for me..(i am an idiot on computers)...the pics are as it pretty much arrived. I will post some of me in a couple of moths when i have worn the jacket some. Luckily my partner is at work so i have been sat here for the last couple of nights with it on and during the day i have been wearing it everywhere...sadly missed the rain earlier so didn't get it soaked.
Hope you like

john

Roughwear

Here we go John:-
photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo6.jpg

photo7.jpg

photo8.jpg

atkins

Congratulations John,by the way do Goodwear make certificate of authenticity or some sort? I know JC's product speaks for itself but then again imitation might happen someday...

wop54

atkins said:
Congratulations John,by the way do Goodwear make certificate of authenticity or some sort? I know JC's product speaks for itself but then again imitation might happen someday...
Probably it's easier to imitate the certificate of authenticity than one of JC's jackets... I have seen almost perfect C.O.A. coming along terrible fake Gibson Custom guitars... :D

blackrat2

I don't think they do...this jacket came with a signed label and contract details which none of my other ones did..I think that is a new thing
I recall a couple of people on here having jackets signed also
I have been pretty much living in this Perry this week and it's starting to really look nice...just really need a good down poor...then explain to my partner why I am needing to pop to the shops whilst everyone else runs for cover.
The leather is gorgeous and anyone who has the seal will know the range of colours that appear...I think mine is fairly light in terms of the dye used...anyone else got this leather in a darker shade?

Cobblers161

Go in the shower! Go in the shower!

It won't be raining for a while, we're in early drought season, at least it means a long hot summer and plenty of grassland fires. Anyway just put the shower on very slowly and just literally get it covered the once then wear it. You don't need to wear it in the shower. It'll improve tenfold and set in some nice creases.

Looks very sweet indeed! I'll be needing to see fit pics very very soon!

blackrat2

Steve,I don't think I have the balls to do that...I tried it on an Eastman and seem ti recall the knits ended up stretched.
Will get some pics of me in it soon..maybe will see you before then though.
Yes heath fires...always fun n games from a work point of view

stevetfire

Now now it's to early to be talking about beater's Steve, John don't encourage him ;) :lol: :lol: ..Perry looks really great John, looking forward to seeing how it develops...quite a stunner :)

Cobblers161

It's only a sprinkle not a soak and the knits stay dry, if you're not comfortable though just wear it lots which I'm sure you'll do.

Marv

You could try using a misting bottle, the type used for spraying your house plants.

I used this method on my ELC RW 27752 and it worked great, just filled it with hot water from the tap and sprayed the leather until it was soaked.

The knits got a bit wet but didn't affect them in any way, the water didn't soak through to the lining either and then I just wore it until pretty much dry.

Definately helped with the development of creases and brought out the grain some what plus the jacket seems more comfortable afterwards.

Some pics of you wearing would be great when you get a chance. :)

blackrat2

Thanks guys...I will see if we get any April showers..I do wear my jackets hard so I am sure as has been the case before the grain will get more pronounced...just on previous jackets I have been lucky enough to get a heavy rain rather than my partner tell her friends of the strange chap showering in an inexpensive leather jacket (yes I have been economical with the price)

Dr H

blackrat2 said:
... the strange chap showering in an inexpensive leather jacket (yes I have been economical with the price)

Now there's a surprise :roll:

John, do you think anybody will seriously think that leather is cheap? :lol:

Cobblers161

SteveT... We've had our first already. Way too early for that stuff but these heaths is dry. Luckily we have Unimogs designed for the job which cost a few million £'s. Unluckily they break down very frequently and are 9 times out of 10 off the run. You can't beat a beater. ;)

blackrat2

Lol...got away with it so far
Sent a pm...looking at Steves it is a shade bigger but for length..I guess I I pulled it tight would be same length as Steves...my sleeves are however that one inch longer that Steve wanted