• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GW Monarch M-422

airfrogusmc

GW Monarch M422

Also not as red as the photos

IMG_1143_1.jpg

IMG_1141.jpg

IMG_1145.jpg

IMG_1146.jpg

IMG_1147.jpg

airfrogusmc

dmar836 said:
Wow! We collectors of originals are gonna be in trouble in a few years!

I think this was one of his very early 422s. The mouton is just amazing and still straight and its been worn in pouring rain and the goat just keeps getting better and better. Its the best Navy repro I've ever owned and I've owned for all the big repro makers.

airfrogusmc

Roughwear said:
Wow! This is another outstanding jacket from John. It looks even better now after the wear it has had. :)

Thanks. Its a couple of years old now and just getting broken in. JC rocks!!!!

airfrogusmc

767fo said:
That is an outstanding jacket. I really like the details of this contract.

Yeah and John gets the little things right and this is the best mouton I've ever seen on a repro. And did I mention how incredibly nice this goatskin is?

Chris217

Allen that jacket's the cats meow! I had a Willis and Geiger M-422 I wore in high school. I wish I had never got rid of that jacket. Seeing those pics makes me want to get JC to make me one when he gets caught up.

airfrogusmc

I sold the Werber. I still have the Monarch. Will let it go at a great price. It has killer goat and is in great condition. The mouton is vintage mouton and I will let it go for a great price. PM if interested. I would love to not have to take it to greedbay.

Measurements

Monarch M 422

Pit to pit 26
Back length including knits 27
Sleeve including knits 26
Knits across very bottom 17.5
down the front at zipper from bottom of collar 26.5
epaulet 7.5