• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GW Monarch A-2

jschare

After a brief discussion with John and Vickie, I placed an order for a GW Monarch. Hopefully, I'll still be alive when I get it... :shock: Does anyone have one and can give their opinion?

jschare

FlyingYankee said:
Sharp classy design, what leather did you chose?

No real particulars as of yet but I'll keep it as close to the actual contract. Dull russet horsehide, I suppose.

FlyingYankee

There used to be a red horsehide Monarch on the GW sales page that is a stunning jacket. I believe it is owned by a forum member here however I don't think that red horsehide is available anymore.

derleicaman

I have the one that Clyde from Carolina swapped with me for another GW jacket that fit him better. Do a search on his user name here to see images and his review of it. It is a great jacket and is very comfortable. I split time with that one and a GW United Sheeplined in Russett HH and a GW Dubow in Seal HH that I picked up last fall. The Dubow and the Monarch are both tagged 48 and fit perfect. I appreciate the extra inch that these have in the torso. Never an issue where my pants are riding. The United is tagged 44 but fits like a 46. Have to make sure I hitch my pants up with this one more often. Then I have my other GW jackets - what a dilemna. But these three are sublime!

bretron

I got one in full russet with golden knits; absolutely love the jacket. Very very sharp pattern and fit

chamboid

I believe this is the jacket I have chosen as well. Bretons looks great, with the gold knits. And Persimmons Monarch made me want to get one as soon as I saw it.

Think there are pictures over on the FL.

But Breton show us how yours is getting on.