• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GW Dubow Signed by JC!

derleicaman

I purchased this Goodwear Dubow 27798 Russett Goat about five weeks ago from Clyde from Carolina. Very pleased with the jacket and with the transaction with Clyde. He is a true gentleman!

A few days ago, I was inspecting the jacket a little more closely and look what I stumbled upon. John had signed and dated the jacket when he made it for Clyde last January. I PM'd Clyde and he does recall asking JC to sign the jacket, but he had forgotten about it in the meantime. The jacket is signed on the left torso vertical seam. This makes one of John's masterpieces even more special, signed by the artist himself! Anyone else have a signed Goodwear by JC?
JCSig3.jpg

I have another Goodwear A-2 which is not signed. My prototype D1 I bought from JC last December is not signed either (unless it's hiding under the shearling fleece). :D

Andrew

I thought about it after I got mine from John in '08- a bit late unfortunately, but I do have this in my '06 RMNZ. As it's dedicated to me it cetainly made it more special , but i'm not sure about that if I were to ever sell it.

DSC_0182.jpg

Stony

I thought about it after I got mine from John in '08- a bit late unfortunately, but I do have this in my '06 RMNZ. As it's dedicated to me it cetainly made it more special , but i'm not sure about that if I were to ever sell it.

You got C.Y. to sign your jacket? Did his wife charge you for it, or did you get lucky and she wasn't there.

Andrew

Stony said:

You got C.Y. to sign your jacket? Did his wife charge you for it, or did you get lucky and she wasn't there.

Yep, but She stung me Stony :lol:

It was at Avalon in 2007, I was one of the few autographs he signed on the Flightline- mine the only jacket. He told me he traded off his A-2 as "..it was too darn cold!"

Stony

Yep, but She stung me Stony

It was at Avalon in 2007, I was one of the few autographs he signed on the Flightline- mine the only jacket. He told me he traded off his A-2 as "..it was too darn cold!"

I was lucky enough to get C.Y. to sign for me twice, but that was before he met V.Y. I think the going price for his sig (with her there) is $50.

He actually didn't trade off his A-2 as it's on display in the Smithsonian in Washington D.C.

As for V.Y., I could tell you stories about her, but not in writing. She is one real #&*%@.

Andrew

I got away lightly then, as it only cost me half that. Yeah, I think the comment was an offhand sort of disparaging remark as I thought his was in the S.

Regarding VY, it did occur to me that she kept a short leash on the day and I probably just got lucky. Does he do autographs much these days at Home?

Stony

Does he do autographs much these days at Home?

Yes, he does them, but at a cost. They do airshows and such around the U.S., but because of V.Y. :twisted: , they have burned a lot of bridges.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
better duck said:
Hey, David,
You're online again! Great to hear from you. Everything OK in your neck o'the woods?

Thankyou Peter ... yes, everything is fine here, it's Christchurch we're all worried about.

MikeyB-17

Yes, he does them, but at a cost

I must have lucked out then. I bought a book a few years ago in a second hand shop (The Quest for Mach 1, an excellent book) for a tenner. Got it home to find a compliments slip inside the front cover, signed by Chuck Yeager. Pretty much identical sig to the one in Andrew's jacket.

I'm going to have to get John to sign the next one as I am currently without a signed Chapman original. :eek:

Sad to hear that about Chuck Yeager and the new wife. I did a quick Google and it sounds like she has really been around the block with her 40 lawsuits before meeting him and all. Hope she treats him right; he's earned that much and more.