• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GW 1939 Werber

airfrogusmc

After lotsa wear. Check out the grain. Also not quite as red as it looks in photos. John totally rocks.

IMG_1149.jpg

IMG_1150.jpg

IMG_1151.jpg

IMG_1160.jpg

IMG_1158.jpg

IMG_1156.jpg

IMG_1154.jpg

airfrogusmc

dmar836 said:
How long have you worn it? Sure looks nicer than the ELC in my opinion.
Dave

The Eastman is a 33 this is a 39 slight differences. I actually think our old buddy Pauls old 1933 Werber was used to help Gary to come up with his version. Gary bought Pauls old 33 IIRC. Its over a year old but I wore the crap out of it and did the CBI hot water treatment on it when it was new. I like JC's version better.

zoomer

Waaaait! JC wouldn't do a repro of a repro, would he? :?
Maybe he took some clues from the Eastman - sure! why not? - but you know he wouldn't just knock one off.

airfrogusmc

zoomer said:
Waaaait! JC wouldn't do a repro of a repro, would he? :?
Maybe he took some clues from the Eastman - sure! why not? - but you know he wouldn't just knock one off.

Zoom Eastmans is a 33 and JC's is a 39. Different beasts.

John had access to several 39s. Paul had at one time had a 39 too and a 1942 re-dyed Werber.

Weasel_Loader

Looking better and better each time. Thanks for posting the photos. Really love seeing how these repros age.

Rotenhahn's GWs show really nice wear. I've been trying to wear my Bronco goat every day I can. It's coming along great. The thing I love about goat is how soft it is and requires no break in.

Can't wait to see some broken-in GW SATs. ;)

dmar836

Still looks "boxy", has the Hookless, and light knits.
Curiosity, what are the other differences B/W the 33 and 39?
Didn't George have a 33 for sale on Ebay? Or was that a 39?

Dave

Falcon_52

dmar836 said:
Still looks "boxy", has the Hookless, and light knits.
Curiosity, what are the other differences B/W the 33 and 39?
Didn't George have a 33 for sale on Ebay? Or was that a 39?

Dave
I think there are only a few subtle differences between the '33 and '39: the cuff top-stitching is not on the '39; the sleeve construction is different on the inner seam; I believe the epaulets have a slightly different construction also.

Noel

My original '39 Werber has a very streamlined torso as opposed to the boxier wartime shape, but I'm uncertain if that's indicative of the entire contract run.

CR141

Weasel_Loader said:
Looking better and better each time. Thanks for posting the photos. Really love seeing how these repros age.

Rotenhahn's GWs show really nice wear. I've been trying to wear my Bronco goat every day I can. It's coming along great. The thing I love about goat is how soft it is and requires no break in.

Hey Weasel
If you can wait about 6 months(for break-in) and if I ever get a camera, I'll show you and everyone some pics of my S.A.T. The color is dull russet aniline horsehide and she's a beauty :D

airfrogusmc

CR141 said:
Weasel_Loader said:

Hey Weasel
If you can wait about 6 months(for break-in) and if I ever get a camera, I'll show you and everyone some pics of my S.A.T. The color is dull russet aniline horsehide and she's a beauty :D

My next JC purchase will probably be the SAT. I can't wait to see photos of your after some wear. Congrats and its a great looking jacket.