• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goodwear Roughwear in the snow

Persimmon

It was so cold to day I had to sacrifice my trusty A1 and put on the warmer A2.

Had some fun in the snow with my daughter whilst it lasts.
Got her to take a few pictures of the 27752

car018.jpg

car013.jpg

car003.jpg

Persimmon

Peter Graham said:
Wow, what camera are you using ? Those photos are nearly 3D !

Hi Peter,
The camera was a Christmas present from my children. Its a Sony A35 Digital SLR

I shoot a lot of fast sport photography (horses and cars) and have always used a traditional 35mm SLR .

My daughter over many years has ridden out for a top racing stable in Newmarket. She was yesterday's shooter.
Her love of horses and my wearing of a leather jacket made of horse is a "lets agree to disagree" arguement.
Thankfully the Capeskin of my A1 is OK with her. Sheep who cares !!

docu0033.jpg

allyinsepia.jpg

I have a compact zoom Digital camera but it was useless in comparision so the new camera is perfect for me as I can use the 70-300 zoom lense from my Minolta SLR onto the body of the Sony.
I too am pleased with the results.

Another shot of the RW.
Of course if I was making the pictures I know I could get a better job done but I can't be in two places at the same time !!

car015.jpg

Roughwear

You must be a very hardy chap Alan to wear an A2 in such cold weather. It's -6 here this morning and my A2s are staying indoors.

Cobblers161

That is a damn fine jacket and the fit is great.

I'm with Andrew on this I guess you must be made of sturdier stuff. The only A-2 I'll be wearing is of the USN variety.

Persimmon

Klemmi said:
What a kind of leather is this? Looks like the Heavy FQHH, used on my Aero Halfbelt....

This is from Goodwear,
It is John’s Japanese HH (horsehide) in Seal colour

Dr H

Knowing Alan (and looking at the zipper tape) it'll have had some HWT :D

Looks good on you Alan (now put something sensible on with buttons) ;)

Persimmon

Dr H said:
Knowing Alan (and looking at the zipper tape) it'll have had some HWT :D

Looks good on you Alan (now put something sensible on with buttons) ;)

Ian,
Will post a more sensible discussion that involves buttons shortly.
I have been playing in the snow !!

No HWT by me on the Roughwear though.
All natural wear.

herk115

Roughwear said:
You must be a very hardy chap Alan to wear an A2 in such cold weather. It's -6 here this morning and my A2s are staying indoors.

It's in the 70s here in California and we're all running the air conditioners. What a crummy place to live in if you collect flight jackets! :(

ButteMT61

:lol: 80ºs here in Pasadena today and I thought the same thing when I went out this AM. I know, no pity from those in the snow, but I actually like snow :)

johnwayne

Hi Alan
Agree with the others that does look good and fits you well - having met you I know you are of the build/size that the majority of such jackets were probably originally made for but unfortunately some of us bigger A2 fanatics stuggle to achieve that look!

Interested you say it's seal - looks more russet to me? Reason I mention it is because my next A2 will be seal and hopefully a GW - I really fancy an Aero with berry knits (anyone offloading one - 44 poss 46?) but and as nice as your is, I'd hope it would be darker!! I keep my eyes peeled on GWs sale page as the cost new and wait time put me off but I'm certain it's a GW I want, Ive missed out on a couple too - damn!!!

cheers
Wayne

Persimmon

johnwayne said:
Hi Alan
Agree with the others that does look good and fits you well - having met you I know you are of the build/size that the majority of such jackets were probably originally made for but unfortunately some of us bigger A2 fanatics stuggle to achieve that look!

Interested you say it's seal - looks more russet to me? Reason I mention it is because my next A2 will be seal and hopefully a GW - I really fancy an Aero with berry knits (anyone offloading one - 44 poss 46?) but and as nice as your is, I'd hope it would be darker!! I keep my eyes peeled on GWs sale page as the cost new and wait time put me off but I'm certain it's a GW I want, Ive missed out on a couple too - damn!!!

cheers
Wayne

Wayne,
I envy you big guys.
I may be the right size "era" wise but Mr Chapman seems to just push out endless size 44 and 46 's etc that mean you big guys have plenty of purchase opportunities and re sale opp's.
Size 40 ish A2's by Goodwear are few and far between

As for the colour it all depens on the light.
I will post some indoor pictures and I think you may see a different colour of jacket