• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goodwear Dubow 46 in goat arrived!

Chandler

airfrogusmc said:
Definately one fine Dubow repro. Man I love mine.

How's yours breaking in these days? I know you're probably not wearing it lately, but I imagine it got some good use between September and November. Love to see how the hide is lookin'.

Chandler

airfrogusmc

Chandler said:
airfrogusmc said:
Definately one fine Dubow repro. Man I love mine.

How's yours breaking in these days? I know you're probably not wearing it lately, but I imagine it got some good use between September and November. Love to see how the hide is lookin'.

Chandler

Chandler it looks amazing. I had it on just this morning. Had a 0630 photoshoot.
I

veli1

srivats said:
veli1 said:
srivats, I'm waiting for a doniger too...when did you order? Thanks

I ordered mine on Aug 1st I think ...

Aug 1st 2008? Well, I have sent a deposit on July 22st and still waiting for information on delivery time... :(

srivats

Ah well, I don't have an email from John saying that my jacket will be delivered 2 weeks from now ... I called him earlier this month and he said he will try to get it out before the christmas week ...

veli1

srivats said:
Ah well, I don't have an email from John saying that my jacket will be delivered 2 weeks from now ... I called him earlier this month and he said he will try to get it out before the christmas week ...

On Oct 22st he said: 15 more jackets before your doniger...Now with the "Redtails" project on the way I'm afraid that Doni won't arrive until January/February at the earliest.

And for khiattP-51 I can only say : 9 months :shock: ? Endless days and endless nights...i hope it's worth the wait,mate.

khiattP-51

Just remember, John is a one man show. The more orders he processes, the more happy customers, which means more hype is generated which leads to more orders and more e-mail he must answer, more supplies he must keep stock of. Further, this is a picky bunch to make happy. I don't envy his job at all! I've been patientlly waiting for my turn without ever bothering him. I figure the less I can contribute to his workload and the more other folks could do the same, the harder he can work on actually knocking those orders out.

I know the end result will be exactly what I was expecting and probably more.

-Kevin

kkochheiser

veli1 said:
srivats said:

On Oct 22st he said: 15 more jackets before your doniger...Now with the "Redtails" project on the way I'm afraid that Doni won't arrive until January/February at the earliest.

And for khiattP-51 I can only say : 9 months :shock: ? Endless days and endless nights...i hope it's worth the wait,mate.

I ordered my first one at the end of March and my second a month later. I'd rather have them done right than have them by a particular date. John's a one-man shop. Still, I'm anxious to have them!

Kent

veli1

greyhound52 said:
Great looking jacket the Dubow and Doniger are the best in John's line.

I have a GW doniger on order/John is in the process of making the jacket as we speak/ but I can't agree with you that other contracts aren't so good as Dubow or Doniger. I like GW Bronco in seal brown very much and I'm thinking about ordering one. Are there any GW Bronco fans out there...?

Cobblers161

I love the Bronco, trim jacket and the pockets look smart the only thing I can't get on with are the pocket and collar snaps, I much prefer the ball stud snaps but that's nitpicking. Both the HH and goat on John's site look the part but I think the Russett HH just to say wins.
I love the two Roughwears but this is the problem, trying to choose one contract is incredibly difficult. The only way to sort it is to have one of each. :lol:

SuinBruin

veli1 said:
I like GW Bronco in seal brown very much and I'm thinking about ordering one. Are there any GW Bronco fans out there...?
I have one of John's Broncos in goat, and it is a great jacket. I love the collar shape and the beveled pocket corners. It's a bit tight across the back, but overall a terrific pattern.

veli1

SuinBruin said:
veli1 said:
I like GW Bronco in seal brown very much and I'm thinking about ordering one. Are there any GW Bronco fans out there...?
I have one of John's Broncos in goat, and it is a great jacket. I love the collar shape and the beveled pocket corners. It's a bit tight across the back, but overall a terrific pattern.

If I hadn't order a doniger I would have order a Bronco for sure :cool: . Love those snug fitting torso and wide square shoulders. SuinBruin, I would be appreciated if you can add photos of your Bronco; front view - back/reverse view please, Thanks.

khiattP-51

I love Broncos in general and that is what my GW on order is. It will be done in darker russet horse. The tailored suit-like cut fits my frame very well. Everyone talks about how great John's Doniger and Dubow are (...and rightfully so, they are!) But, his Bronco pattern is also perfect.

Going on two years ago, I had Aero make a semi-custom Bronco for me to duplicate an original in my collection. They got in the ballpark, but still not there. The fit is good and pretty accurate, but a lot of details are still not there.

-Kevin

ChuckO

The jacket looks fantastic. It also looks very supple from the way it sits in the box and in the fit pics. Is it as comfortable as it looks?