• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good Wear new items - OMG A-2's

Jason

Dammit, how's a guy supposed to save for a wedding when these new beauties come along? I really like the russett 16160 - that's fantastic!

pipvh

Of all the repro A2s I've seen so far, the 16160 is the one I can actually see myself owning. Really nice.

greyhound52

Very nice of course I own one GW and that is about all I have time to wear. They are great jackets and with his Japanese HH they are even nicer.

watchmanjimg

They're beautiful jackets like everything JC makes, but those interested in the 16160 should be sure its cut suits their build. It has sloping shoulders and a narrow upper back. I sold my earlier example recently due to these characteristics.

zoomer

watchmanjimg said:
They're beautiful jackets like everything JC makes, but those interested in the 16160 should be sure its cut suits their build. It has sloping shoulders and a narrow upper back. I sold my earlier example recently due to these characteristics.
Good point - the narrow back makes it bind on a lot of guys when they reach forward. I've experienced this with the Bronco/United repros as well.

The key measurement here is across the back panel at its narrowest point - between the sleeve seams. You may have loads of chest room, but this determines how far your arms can reach in front of you.

watchmanjimg

zoomer said:
watchmanjimg said:
Good point - the narrow back makes it bind on a lot of guys when they reach forward. I've experienced this with the Bronco/United repros as well.

The key measurement here is across the back panel at its narrowest point - between the sleeve seams. You may have loads of chest room, but this determines how far your arms can reach in front of you.

Amen! Despite my old 16160 having an identical pit-to-pit measurement and slightly wider shoulders than my GW Star, it actually measured a full inch narrower across the back panel. In terms of wearability this may as well be a mile.