• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good Wear Leather - new orders in two weeks

Dr H

Just picked this up on JC's website:

'Special note: we will be taking orders in about two weeks. We have been in the process of new hiring and sewing through our large backlog of jacket orders, and we want to take your orders as soon as we can. We will be hiring an administrative assistant who will work with our customers, and this will smoothen the process significantly. We apologize for the very long wait for this news.'

Will make a number of people very happy...

omarco

Those of you in the UK who have bought GW jackets, did you have to stump up import fee's as well? It makes for a pretty expensive package..

Dr H

omarco said:
Those of you in the UK who have bought GW jackets, did you have to stump up import fee's as well? It makes for a pretty expensive package..

You might have to if unlucky...

Roughwear

This is excellent news, but too late for those hoping to buy one for Christmas 2011, but not for Chriustmas 2012! ;)

tater

Mine has not yet started, and I ordered last November. Hopefully the wait on orders starting in 2 weeks will be shorter (but longer than it takes for me to get mine, or I'd be rather peeved ;) ).

cmjordan77

I spoke to John tonight. Super nice guy. He is hiring some new folks and he said he hopes the wait time will be cut to 4 months. I ordered 1 tonight with him. He let me do it as I had been emailing him for a couple months. 1st time I spoke to the guy in person, all I can say is he is a 1st rate gentleman. I will always do business with him. Never have had 1 of his jackets before but I can't wait to get mine!!

ausreenactor

Hmmm. Reduced wait hey? Might be time to cowboy up and get that SAT with the buttons and the overtly sexual button holes. Or is that just me?

Couchy

Dr H

ausreenactor said:
Hmmm. Reduced wait hey? Might be time to cowboy up and get that SAT with the buttons and the overtly sexual button holes. Or is that just me?

Couchy

er... it hadn't been entirely lost on me :roll:

It's not just behind the Doniger and Perry for nothing you know... (see the other thread on three choices of GW) and it is coming up surprisingly often for a jacket that hasn't been copied much

:oops:

Flyderf

tater said:
Mine has not yet started, and I ordered last November. Hopefully the wait on orders starting in 2 weeks will be shorter (but longer than it takes for me to get mine, or I'd be rather peeved ;) ).

I ordered last September. Waiting is the hardest part. With that said, I'm more than ready to place another order.

Roughwear

Flyderf said:
tater said:

I ordered last September. Waiting is the hardest part. With that said, I'm more than ready to place another order.

September 2010? This must be the longest wait on record for a GW. :eek: What exactly did you order?

watchmanjimg

John and I were discussing a new order last December and suddenly the lines of communication broke down. Hopefully he'll get back to me now that things are under control.

Flyderf

Roughwear said:
Flyderf said:
tater said:

September 2010? This must be the longest wait on record for a GW. :eek: What exactly did you order?

One of everything! Just kidding. I ordered a Dubow 27798 in russet horsehide. John communicated with me in June saying I was close to production. Then no communication. Not harping on the guy, I know he is swamped. Patiently waiting, and waiting, and waiting.