• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gizemo N-1 Olive Deck Jacket

Spitfireace

I was looking for an authentic repro of the N-1 at any price. The thing for me is that the sleeves are generally too long, by an inch and a half maybe. So Bronson is the closest for shortness. In a 36 it is snug and I'm still trying to stretch the chest out on a 36. But the 38 is just that much longer. So it's at comprimise. I would have gone BR as I say, but sleeves are an inch too long at least for me.

ButteMT61

I'm just glad I got my Pike Bros N-1's. One in Navy, one in Olive.
I don't want any more Chinese artifacts in my closet, esp repops of American gear from WWII...
Just me being me. These jackets looks nice here...

FreddyF9

In my eyes a real alpaca liner and better craftsmanship is worth it. Still way cheaper than RMNZ or Buzz for example
The alpaca lining on Gizemo’s B-10 is also a blend, here’s a screen of one of their item description pictures.
I was about to pull the trigger and this kept me from buying one. If the materials are basically the same, I’d rather take the Bronson one.
EEC14AE9-6FE5-40EB-9B3A-D45E783EA61C.jpeg

Enigma1938

Well everyone can do what he wants. I have had Bronsons N1 and I still have Gizemos.
So I can tell first hand that there are worlds between Bronsons and Gizemos Liners. Bronsons are great jackets for the price but their N1 Liner looks like a cheap Teddybear plush and the color washes out if you put it in the machine even on cold setting (had the one with brown lining, turned grey after wash). Gizemos Liner is the closest to originals I've seen so far, blend or not, even Buzz's linings are not that great.
That's just my honest opinion and experience, I'm Germany based and have no relation to Gizemo.

Last edited:

FreddyF9

I believe the polyester content represents the backing (mesh?) material, in which the alpaca wool is woven. So the fibers you see and feel should be all alpaca. Might be wrong though.
Well, it could be and it would also make sense. Maybe it’s written in the various texts in the pictures but, as I don’t speak Chinese, I really don’t know!

Spitfireace

Well everyone can do what he wants. I have had Bronsons N1 and I still have Gizemos.
So I can tell first hand that there are worlds between Bronsons and Gizemos Liners. Bronsons are great jackets for the price but their N1 Liner looks like a cheap Teddybear plush and the color washes out if you put it in the machine even on cold setting (had the one with brown lining, turned grey after wash). Gizemos Liner is the closest to originals I've seen so far, blend or not, even Buzz's linings are not that great.
That's just my honest opinion and experience, I'm Germany based and have no relation to Gizemo.
Don't put it in the machine. I wash only by hand.

xmr

Well, I had a Bronson as well and I sold it. It was nice but Gizemo is way better. The lining is softer, not so „polyester-like“ and it does not loose hairs unlike the Bronson. I have a lot of jackets from a lot of different makers - and the Gizemo N-1 is one of the best jackets I ever bought. I bought the navy NAF1168 as well, and this is also very very nice. If the navy N1 would be available in 42 at the moment - I‘d buy in a heartbeat. Maybe anyone wants to sell? PM me!