• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getting Back to Our Roots . ….. The USN Pritzker & Sons 55J14. Size 46.

blackrat2

Thanks Burt
This is a great series of threads, sorry my jacket is different maker but I have atleast added an original to a post and hopefully others will follow suit
Thanks for the tips

B-Man2

Thanks Burt
This is a great series of threads, sorry my jacket is different maker but I have atleast added an original to a post and hopefully others will follow suit
Thanks for the tips
John
Thanks for posting . Looking forward to seeing any original USN jackets .

ButteMT61

OK, here she is.

IF 7823 C

Like that tag? It's a legit 48, likely '61-'63.
I wear it on the motorcycle and when we all go to any military/war movies...
I should continue to thank @airfrogusmc for selling me this 8 years ago!

G-1-zip.jpeg
G-1-dice.jpeg
G-1-tag.jpeg
tempImagepRQVdv.png
tempImageYgLMEG.png

B-Man2

Burt, is the white USN (collar) original to the jacket?
Hi Dany
There was a faint shadow of a white USN on the collar when it arrived . As part of the restoration Dave repainted over the original USN. In time and with wear the newness of the paint will flake off and wear down .

B-Man2

Awesome M-422a !!
Had an original M-422A and noticed that the hide was thin and light on that as well . Can’t find that anymore .

caddyd

True enough ~ It seems that its not always a certain contract or maker to make the perfect fit but just the right combo.

Lorenzo_l

I am loving this thread. Thanks for dusting off the originals, Burt. This is in great part what this forum is all about!

I few pictures of my original Pritzker & Sons 55J14, pretty much like your own, and which I got from @Silver Surfer:

PXL_20240321_085712821~2.jpg

The jacket is in mint condition and is an occasional wearer. All parts, except the knitted cuffs, which I understand were period-replaced, are original to the jacket.

The back panel:
PXL_20240321_085913809~2.jpg

The back of the collar:
PXL_20240321_085935838~2.jpg

The name tag:

PXL_20240321_090003814~2.jpg

A detail of one of the pockets. Notice the grain:

PXL_20240321_090039288~2.jpg

The Conmar blackened zipper with what I guess is the original leather pull:
PXL_20240321_085748213~2.jpg

And the knitted cuffs. Whoever replaced them seems to have done a good job:
PXL_20240321_085819746.MP~2.jpg

A fit pic:

P&S_55J14_fitpic_cropped.jpg

Of my G1s, this is my pride and joy. I just need an original M442A to round off the collection : /

I also have an original Pritzker & Sons J7823, also in very good condition and that used to be in Vic's stable too. Despite it being an early 1950s jacket (circa 1953) and produced not too long after the 195155J14 pictured above, it's a much different jacket regarding the goatskin and fit. I'll be posting pictures of that jacket later.

Last edited:

B-Man2

I am loving this thread. Thanks for dusting off the originals, Burt. This is in great part what this forum is all about!

I few pictures of my original Pritzker & Sons 55J14, pretty much like your own, and which I got from @Silver Surfer:

View attachment 142671

The jacket is in mint condition and is an occasional wearer. All parts, except the knitted cuffs, which I understand were period-replaced, are original to the jacket.

The back panel:
View attachment 142673

The back of the collar:
View attachment 142675

The name tag:

View attachment 142677

A detail of one of the pockets. Notice the grain:

View attachment 142679

The Conmar blackened zipper with what I guess is the original leather pull:
View attachment 142681

And the knitted cuffs. Whoever replaced them out seems to have done a good job:
View attachment 142683

A fit pic:

View attachment 142685

Of my G1s, this is my pride and joy. I just need an original M442A to round off the collection : /

I also have an original Pritzker & Sons J7823, also in very good condition and that used to be in Vic's stable too. Despite it being an early 1950s jacket (circa 1953) and produced not too long after the 195155J14 pictured above, it's a much different jacket regarding the goatskin and fit. I'll be posting pictures of that jacket later.
Lorenzo
That’s a “keeper for life “ . Love everything about this jacket from the mouton collar to the blackened Conmar zipper. Thanks for helping to keep the “Vintage “ part of VLJ alive … !

Lorenzo_l

Lorenzo
That’s a “keeper for life “ . Love everything about this jacket from the mouton collar to the blackened Conmar zipper. Thanks for helping to keep the “Vintage “ part of VLJ alive … !

Thanks go to you, Burt. As for the jacket, and with most, if not all, originals, I am just a temporary caretaker, as most previous owners would have have been.

Dumpster D

They were made that way . Never really knew why.
Must be a reason, whether it's because of night flying or something? I couldn't say for certain, but I'm sure it was a thing.

The earlier N-2B's/Parkas I've seen had blackout Zips on the hood and Main zip, Presumably they were flying B-52's and stuff like that.

Air force and Army don't do stuff for no good reason.

Members online

Latest posts