• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G-1 made by Slctke & Klein, Inc ?

bjoy

Ideas about this jacket on eBay?

I never heard of the manufacturer on the label and don't get any internet search matches with that name.

The text on the label is arranged in a non-standard way. And one line apparently says "Size Intermediate" which is unique.

However other than the label, it does look an original (though highly damaged) jacket with oddly repaired cuffs (new cuffs sewn on top of the originals). Cannot see the zipper or the waistband though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0402435080

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
bjoy said:
I never heard of the manufacturer on the label and don't get any internet search matches with that name.

The label is genuine, but doesn't belong in the jacket ... Slote & Klein made flying helmets.

bjoy

deeb7 said:
The label is genuine, but doesn't belong in the jacket ... Slote & Klein made flying helmets.

That's interesting! Was it chance that the item name was unreadable or an attempt to deceive sometime in the life of the jacket?

I do get a lot of hits about headgear searching with the right name spelling and I am sure you are right. Label does seem a bit big though for a helmet, and larger than those on a few pictures I could find.

Thanks, David.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
bjoy said:
That's interesting! Was it chance that the item name was unreadable or an attempt to deceive sometime in the life of the jacket?

I don't think it's by chance ... it looks to be artificially aged to conceal it's origin.

!BeP3RNwBGk~$(KGrHqYH-CwErgDgzJbPBK8eqQttMQ~~_3.JPG

Stony

And notice how the most important verbiage on the label is conveniently blotted out before the word "flying".