• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G-1 button needed

oose

Hi all,
Since I picked up the Cagleco G1 last month, I've been thinking I must get one I can wear as I've really enjoyed them in the past and with spring coming... (although the heavy snow currently cascading from the sky is a little disheartening). So I've been lurking on eBay waiting for something to come up, I've picked up a couple of jackets, a nice condition Star E-model and then a Irvin B Foster B-model which this morning suddenly had its price slashed by 50%. The Star is missing one pocket button, so does anyone in the UK have a single button they could spare, happy to pay all costs.

All the best
Stuart

jack31916

I've got a couple of U.S. army plastic buttons from WW2 fieldjackets. Are those of the same type you're looking for?

oose

Thanks for the offer Jack but I would prefer a G-1 button, as I would like to keep it original a possible, I thought I had a few spare but I may have given these away!

The jacket is named to an ENS Ed Sands, and dates from 1975, there is an Edward Sands who served from 1976-1986 ending his career as a LCDR, now he is a Delta airlines pilot... possible his first jacket, but more research is required.

Stu
s-l1600-8.jpg

s-l1600-12.jpg

Last edited:

Marv

worst case scenario, you could take one of two throat flap buttons from under the collar and use that at least it will be the correct size / shade.

MikeyB-17

I had a sniff through my old jars to see if I had a spare one lying around-thought I might’ve, but sadly not. My G-1 had a cracked throat latch button, I found one pretty much identical in my local sewing shop.

oose

Thanks for the suggestions and for looking through your jars, I needed a couple of things from MASH so I just added some of their's to the list, and I'll pick an original up at a later date.

Stu