• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found M-422A

JRaptor

My son found this Gordon & Ferguson M-422A Contract No. NXs 416 in an old garage we were cleaning out! Now I know very little about the Navy jackets, so if anyone could give me some insight on this type of jacket I would greatly appreciate it. This will probably be for sale and is a size 38.

Sorry for the poor picture quality as they are taken with a cell phone cam!

422a1.jpg

422a11.jpg

422a2.jpg

422a3.jpg

422a4.jpg

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Great quality jacket, from their second (1943) contract. John Chapman tells us that Gordon & Ferguson is the best maker of the M-422A.

You should keep him. :D

JRaptor

Would like to keep it but it is way to small for me... In the picture you can see that it fits my 17yr old son well and he's about 5' 7 and 150lbs maybe. He's a scrapper too so I might have to fight to get it off him... :lol:

JRaptor

This jacket is in good condition, the goatskin is dry but there are no rips, tears or rot anywhere. The collar is in good shape as well with what looks to be normal wear at the points. The zip is a triple marked Talon but is non-functional as the part that goes into the slider and box is missing!

As soon as I find my digi-cam I will post some detailed shots.