• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For LEADSKY

A

Anonymous

Hi Bill nice patch thanks for posting it ,it nice to see the original patches as I am sure other members agree .

All the best Jeff

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
capt71 said:
I just received this ORIGINAL 529th BS patch (not a photo!) in the mail from the wife of a deceased original 380th vet.

It's a wonderful patch .... what a nice gesture. :cool:

Andrew

Hey Bill, that is a great story- you must have been blown away by that! What a beautiful patch, I presume it is Aust. made and hopefully not pulled off a Jacket. It's nice to see the real thing. Thanks for posting this.

This is my only original, a shoulder patch- it has a small unexplained hole in the centre.
DSC_0007.jpg

I was going to email you with this but since I'm here take a look at the National Archives of Australia and log in as a guest and do a search for "380th" and you'll find several references to documents in the collection. Most of the content on the site can be accessed for a fee per document but if someone has already requested a scan of any docs they put them up for anyone to access.

http://www.naa.gov.au/collection/record ... index.aspx

For instance I came across an original doc in a folder that contains details of RAAF personnel killed in USAAF accidents, many of which of course involve A/C from the 380th. I was thinking that there may be family members of those 380th crew who may have been involved who might like to get some further detail about what may have happened to an aircraft and weren't aware of this record. It goes to show what a dangerous occupation it was going up in one of these aircraft.

I passed this onto Barbara Gotham last week- haven't heard from here yet so don't know if she got it.

I was recently wondering how hard it might be to find a patch company here who might be able to do a version of these...