• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flight Wear by Society Brand Hat Co.

Willy McCoy

Welcome Pete! Yes, that ball-cap looks great!
I am happy to see that everyone here is supportive and constructive.
Classy folks here!!

stanier

I love the USAAF officers trouser belt! I 've not seen a repro one of those before but a have a lovely original and these repro's look spot on.

The uniform section looks very promising! Does this mean I'll be able to get a decent Officers Service Coat made from the correct 100% wool officer elastique fabric, and all the correct labels?? And an Ike jacket too?? My excitement is building!!

SocietyBrandHatCo

stanier said:
I love the USAAF officers trouser belt! I 've not seen a repro one of those before but a have a lovely original and these repro's look spot on.

The uniform section looks very promising! Does this mean I'll be able to get a decent Officers Service Coat made from the correct 100% wool officer elastique fabric, and all the correct labels?? And an Ike jacket too?? My excitement is building!!

Stanier,

Thanks for the compliment on the belts. I really like doing odd things like that. Are they huge sellers? No. Will I make a lot of money on them? No. But I think they're cool, so there they are. I'm working on mechanic's coveralls, flight suits, and officer's Ike jackets. Hopefully I have something to put up soon. The Ike jackets look promising.

RayR

What an interesting thread. It's ironic that we "war enthusiasts" get along so well, lol

I want to add that I have an Excellent Flighter from Diamond Dave and recently ordered a Khaki color worsted wool, soft/original brim cap from Pete at http://wwiiflightwear.com/. It is probably now about 5 weeks out (on an estimated 6-week wait). Since I have an Army issue version khaki (unlined) and a nice, worsted wool + lined version I am anxious to compare it with them.

My personal taste runs toward the standard shape brim that is flexible like a Flighter rather than stiff. I only recently found this was even "a thing" when I got my Dobbs, which (for me) is the greatest of all those I have tried. I like it better than my flighters.

2015-01-23160746_zpsd5ba0347.jpg

2015-01-23160859_zps6a50ad8b.jpg

stanier

SocietyBrandHatCo said:
stanier said:

Stanier,

Thanks for the compliment on the belts. I really like doing odd things like that. Are they huge sellers? No. Will I make a lot of money on them? No. But I think they're cool, so there they are. I'm working on mechanic's coveralls, flight suits, and officer's Ike jackets. Hopefully I have something to put up soon. The Ike jackets look promising.

Hi Peter, any update on the Ike jacket and other new products?

Cheers
Chris