• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FiveStar Leather Latest Developments 2023

Shawn Ali

Dear All

In hopes that you are fine and doing good, Well I am writing after some time because of some work load with the new developments and projects, here I will explain about the developments we already made and those which are under development

1. We developed the Right Sheepskin Color For the RAF Flying Jackets which was advised by many customers to update, so some of its images are attached below
New Improved Sheepskin for the RAF Flying Jackets is ready, this is the accurate color for the RAF Sheepskin Jackets both from outside finish to the Fleece Color, You can check some comparison images of a smaller swatch which was carefully separated from an Original jacket, both the outside color, its finish and inside fleece color is reproduced exactly the same as original
raff2.jpg
RAFF.jpg
Raff Fleece.jpg

The Original Jacket from which we get this copied is mentioned below

DSC_0803.JPG

DSC_0807.JPG

2. We also developed the Right Sheepskin for the Type B-7 Parka and the and the Type A-6 flying Trousers, we are lucky to find the original examples from a Friend its comparison images are attached below

front.jpg

front 2.jpg
front.jpg

All of the patterns are ready and very soon we will post its final examples in this Thread. Meanwhile we are also looking for some suggestions to make the best repro's.

Thanks for reading, and more stuff will be uploaded soon, as we have a lot of projects to share with you :)

Best Regards

Shawn

Attachments

• front.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 104
  • Raff 2.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 102

Shawn Ali

Really cool Shawn - I like the color of the that Irvin sheerling, and that B-7 sheerling looks like it would be great for an S.F.A.D. B-3 as well. Here's the older (I think?) version of Eastman's repro for comparison:
sfad-b-3-flight-jacket-FRONT.jpg
Dear Jan

Thanks for your suggestions, we already received a custom order to make this with that fleece which we made for B-7 Parka, as its inside fleece color is same as B-3 Jacket.
I will post some results soon :)

Best Regards

Shawn

MauldinFan

WOW, such great stuff.
I love the gloves and the t-shirts especially!
FiveStar Leather Repro WWII USAAF Type A-3 Winter Flying Trousers Made from Redskin
View attachment 117891
While I think it's great you're making these as I know some AAF reenactors who'll want a set or two, how well could something like that sell?
I just can't imagine a big market for something like that.

mulceber

It's a pretty niche market, I agree, but Eastman offers A-3 pants, so apparently there's some demand for them. I figure, by offering them at about a third of the price that Eastman does, Shawn's got a decent chance of attracting interest. I imagine there's a fair few people on the board who own a B-3 (whether from Shawn or someone else), have always thought it would be cool to complete the set, but could never justify paying Eastman's price of £1349 for the pants.

busdrivermike

Oh yeah I love the new sheepskin for the RAF jacket , now that I’m working regularly
Again I’m thinking about getting an Irvin jacket again.
The pants are an interesting idea, were more into snowmobiling I’d consider
A jacket and pants as they would look great and be warm for Canadian winter

Shawn Ali

Thanks for the compliments on above developments, some more developments are on the way as below

9. We at the moment are developing the Special Wool Fabric as original for the Officers shirt, for the purpose we have a real example in hand and we make its Lab tests and copying the same composition and GSM of fabric

DSC_6073 copy.jpg

10. Silk Scarfs, we are also working on the Silk Scarf's which can be used with the Flight Jackets, its first prototype is mentioned below

scarf.jpg

Best Regards

Shawn