• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FiveStar Leather Concept Suggestion: Maverick!

automatic

tmitchell59 shared these pictures of a jacket of his over on TFL (link to pics). He also posted a video on youtube (link). I think it would be so cool to bring back this 'extinct' Taubers pull over racing shirt! I found a few originals for sale, but they were priced near $1000. There's nothing else like these out there right now, as far as I can tell. The scarcity and cost makes these something that are just screaming for a reproduction!
MAH01918.MP4_20200930_183140.940.jpg
MAH01918.MP4_20200930_183230.500.jpg

I would call it the FiveStar Maverick! The only thing I would change is to remove the chest pocket.

Thoughts?

automatic

It's definitely different! Screams '60s. It's not something I would wear too often, but I think it would be nice to break out every once in a while and turn some heads!

I'm not a fan of A-1s either. I used to dislike G-1s as well, but I'm coming around to them after seeing them so often on here and TFL.

mulceber

Yeah nah...

Not for me; however, I am not a fan of A-1s or G-1s either. What would I know? It's different...

I used to dislike them too. Lately I’ve been coming around on both. The one I still can’t summon any enthusiasm for is the D-1. Looks to me like a B-3 without any of the flare. But as you said, what do I know?:)

This makes me think we should have a “name a flight jacket you don’t like” thread. Could make for great discussion...provided it didn’t turn into a shouting match.;)

tjoenn

I used to dislike them too. Lately I’ve been coming around on both. The one I still can’t summon any enthusiasm for is the D-1. Looks to me like a B-3 without any of the flare. But as you said, what do I know?:)

This makes me think we should have a “name a flight jacket you don’t like” thread. Could make for great discussion...provided it didn’t turn into a shouting match.;)
That's funny! I could have written this post :)

MikeyB-17

We’ve had threads like that in the past-on more than one occasion I’ve expressed a dislike for a particular jacket-then gone out and bought one! AN-J-4’s and B-15’s spring to mind.

Chevalier

The other problem with all of the Taubers shirts I have encountered is short arms. Even when it fits in the chest, the arms are very short. Was this based on a different style of riding gloves that people used to wear? A repro could be a good way to “modernize” the arm length.