• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Star sizing

J.R.303

Are the A2's true to your normal size or should you size up? I find the size chart confusing.
My aero b6 and irvin are 42 and my Elc Luftwaffe is 42 but would not wear a jumper under them. My normal size is 42.

YoungMedic

I find their size numbers don't correspond to usual sizing. I would take your measurements and find which Five Star size approximates those and you can tweak any specifics when you make the order. This is what I have done with 2 jackets and I've been very happy with the fit

flyincowboy

Shawn will tell you to give your best garment dimensions... for my 5* ROUGHWEAR i went one size up which is for a very comfortable fit( wearing a jumper). I am mostly 46/48 so with the corresponding 5STAR chart... he told me 50???I following his advices the jacket fit me perfectly. YES guys i know that i have to loose some weight lol.

FRoughwear 1.JPG

FreddyF9

In my personal experience, when you buy an original based replica from 5* (Star, RW, Dubow), you should buy your real chest size (38 if your chest is 37/38 inches) only if you’re planning to wear it with just a shirt, maybe two thin layer of clothing. If you plan to layer up a bit or wear a thick jumper under it, you should definitely take one size up.

johnwayne

In reality an A2 was a summer weight jacket whereas the B prefix ie B10 was for winter wear and personally that’s how I view them so I never wear anything other than a tee + shirt or at most a sweat shirt and never anything woollen! Again it’s personal choice but I hate jackets that drape down the shoulders, sit too low below waist line and crunch up in the sleeves - they look very 80’s!! I do of course understand that to get the ‘period look’ and feel (discussed here many times) isn't easy when buying online but having said that JC got it right for me with my actual size 44” and my ELC bought many years prior and a size 42” when I was that size, still feels more bigger and more blousy!!!